Whatcha' Knitting? August, 2020

What have you been knitting or crocheting during quarantine? We’d love to see your projects and read about your plans. It’s inspiration for us all.
Stay healthy and cheerful.

1 Like

I finished a set of Christmas stockings for my sister’s family. They are based on vintage stockings that our great aunt used to knit. I’d never done intarsia before and I had to cobble my own pattern and charts together based on my own original stocking and bits and pieces of other patterns I found online. The backs each have a different element. These photos were taken when I’d not quite finished them.

5 Likes

Perfect timing and a delight to see. You’ve worked the intarsia so well and the designs are lovely. It’s a good reminder and something to look forward to.

1 Like

Beautiful knitting.

1 Like

Those are simply lovely and I’m betting the people who receive the stockings will always treasure them.

Oh wow. I’m just about finished with a knit beach bag here. I gotta go to the beach to knit! Gotta use the bag to carry the stuff to start a new project, which I think is going to be my first sweater for fall! It’ll be a little sweater for one of the many nephews.

4 Likes

I really like that! Is that yarn ball I see in the pic self striping?