Whatcha' Knitting? April, 2020

We are certainly living in interesting times. Knitting and crocheting seem like a calming refuge. Stay safe and work down that stash if you have the time.

We are always interested in seeing what is on your needles or hooks. Let us know what your plans are and of course, we love photos of projects,

rsz_img_1889

1 Like

This time I have no pictures but I have been knitting another pair of socks and I begun knitting a sweater more.

2 Likes

I just finished a Tree of Love Blanket- I am going to give it as a wedding gift next year. I started it in January and finished the middle of March. I realize the picture is cut off, but if you click on it, you can see the whole thing.

I

7 Likes

I do love your cracker! :star_struck: :rofl: I’m playing with stranded colorwork and doing time at the frog pond. :frog:

I have been trying to knit Norwegian colorwork patterns with a quarantine KAL but find carrying the strands frustrating. I’ve decided to teach myself DK, since it seems easier for me to use both yarns at the same time. After several attempts I’ve decided this will be a great time to learn continental lol. Hopefully I will proudly post a finished piece soon :blush::green_heart::yarn:

2 Likes

Is this the Arne and Carlos KAL? I did one of the ‘patches’ and decided stranded colorwork should always be worked in the round. I’ve got a stranded project that lives at the frog pond on the needles. I’d love to see what you have going.

Here’s a photo of my latest creation :blush: I had originally knitted it in stocking stitch but wasn’t happy with it so when I found a pattern I liked (Berroco Creek) I decided to unravel it and make that instead. I love it and know its going to get a lot of wear, in fact I’ve worn it once already! I was a little daunted at knitting the sleeves by picking up around the armholes and knitting down but I’ve discovered that I much prefer that method than trying to sew them!

5 Likes

A truly lovely sweater, beautifully knit! The yarn is perfect colors for spring. What yarn did you use?

1 Like

I used Patons Fab Dk in Violet Print

3 Likes

I knitted six pair of socks last month for my 5-month old granddaughter. I finally made myself stop knitting socks and am back to crocheting birthday blankets. I’ll probably finish them all this month! They work up so quickly with Bernat Blanket Yarn. I’ve tried several patterns & stitches. My favorite in plain ol’ hdc in back loop only!

4 Likes

I can almost feel how soft and cushy those blankets are. Lucky birthday recipients!

They are very soft and squishy! I thought I’d get tired of making them, but haven’t yet. Keeps my hands busy yet I can still pay attention to TV!

Beth

1 Like

Knitting a patternless dog sweater for my Basenji, Phoebe. I found this amazing video on YouTube, step by step and miracle of miracles a dog sweater is emerging from my needles. [the model sitting for a fitting]

3 Likes

Such a sweet looking dog and a stellar model! The coat is going to be good looking and warm.

1 Like

Looking good! I knew some Basenjis. They’re the most awesome dogs ever! They’re too darned smart for most people I think.

1 Like

Learning to do stranded colorwork project.

Snowflake stranded hat

4 Likes

Wonderful hat, GG! Very nicely done.

1 Like

:laughing: Yes, Basenjis and their clever ways. Someone once said, they are smart, but not smart like your stellar full-scholarship-to-college kid smart, but smart like the kid who breaks into the principal’s office, steals the test results, sells the answers to his classmates, and then buys cigarettes and beer with the proceeds. I’ve owned three and each one has completely stolen my heart. Loyal as the day is long if you understand them. I had to bribe with treats to get her to try on her sweater. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks. It’s a fun project. I’m past the pesky leg holes now and working belly and back.

2 Likes