What would you make with acrylic yarn?

Now be nice, everyone!

I have skeins galore of various acrylic yarns from Smiley’s hauls and I need some ideas of what to make with them - seriously!

I have this in blue, purple, and red, four skeins of each color:

And then this in yellow and purple, 3 skeins each:

Ideas? :shrug:

Yarns like that would make great kids clothing (washable) or charity projects.

Do you have enough for a blanket/afghan/lapghan?

I’ve used a lot of acrylic yarn (as it cheapest, and relatives are excited to find something cheap and useful for me :slight_smile: ). It is great for kids clothes b/c you can wash & dry it thousands of times and it is fine. TLC is nice b/c it is soft. It pills a bit when washed though.
Afgans and pillows are good too, b/c the acrylic holds up to the hard use. I’ve actually done socks with TLC and size 6 needles. They’re soft, and hold up well. And they knit up really fast:). My kids like to play sliding games in them on our hardwood floors :).
TLC is great for hats too! Or bags, or even shrugs. :slight_smile:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Anything can be made out of acrylic, just as anything can be made out of wool, or cotton. Knitter’s preference! :teehee:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]I make sweaters for the grands, slippers, blankets, afghans, pillows, shawls…whatever strikes my fancy!:happydance:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

My old neighbor gave me a big bag of really old acrylics and I double stranded it into cat beds for the local humane society…

I agree that kids’ clothing or maybe even a log-cabin type blanket.

Kid’s clothing, or a log cabin style blanket. The colors don’t fight with each other.

The yarns you bought look very nice. Enjoy.:cheering:

I made this really cool draft stopper dog (from a pattern book which I cannot remember now) from some acrylic yarn I frogged from a garage sale afgan a relative gave me. It turned out so cool my kids won’t leave it in front of the door.

How about squares for Warm Up America? Cat toys, baby bibs, hats, booties, slippers (or as they’re called where I’m from - beddies)… all it takes is a little imagination:thumbsup: