What would you ask for as a present, yarn wise?

My 2 year anniversay with the boyfriend is coming up and I am getting some yarn, depending on what I ask for. So what would you ask for? I am a new knitter, but I recently made this hat: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60461.html

Hmm…I would ask for one of these options:

1. A fairly economical yarn, but enough for a sweater.

2. A hank or two of something luxurious and ridiculous that I wouldn’t normally buy for myself: silk, alpaca, cashmere, something like that.

Lucky girl! :muah:

alpaca or cashmere

A substantial gift certificate. :teehee:

Malabrigo

[color=blue]Artyarns Cashmere[/color]

Oh my! :flirt: :passedout:

Art Yarns Silk Rhapsody Glitter http://www.fabulousyarn.com/fabyarnpage_artyarns_rhglitter108S.shtml 1 hank is enough for a scarf, 2 should be enough for shawl(ette?). I’m making a scarf with it now. yum.

Yes, silk or silk blend would probably be the ideal yarn gift.

That’s what I’d buy if I’d the money.

Oh! What about organic cotton? I heard that’s fab too. And it’s environmentally friendly! I’d ask for heaps of that for towels, bathcloths, soap wraps, scarves and more.

Tamar

I LURRRV LYS gift certificates… or GC’s for online stores… WEBS has great prices, Herrschners… lots of options there! Even Amazon.com to beef up your knitting library!

Set me loose in a yarn store with money about which I dont have to feel guilty, and Im ALLLLL happy!!! :cheering:

Whatever you decide, just make sure that if he’s going to be the one getting it, that you write down specifically what you want, and be EXTREMELY specific.

A gift certificate.

Thank you so much for all the suggestions, this has been very helpful, the yarns suggested look amazing and the gift certificates ones are very practical and probably a good idea.

Thank you all, and don’t stop with suggestions if you have them for specific yarns!

My current favorite yarn is Berroco ultra alpaca, but that’s just my personal preference :slight_smile:

http://www.kpixie.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35_143_230

I’m knitting a scarf with this right now and I love it! Ceeopatra - Stony Mist :slight_smile: Happy Shopping.

Ask for fifty hanks of Mmmmmmmmmmmmalabrigo in all the colourways twice over :cheering:

Or get a really nice wool/siilk blend. . . those are AMAZING feeling. Or uhm, wool/cotton blends arent that bad either.

You can always go buy a book, and find a pattern in it that you love, and buy the yarn and supplies you’d need for the pattern too.

I’ve also heard rave reveiws on Ball winders. If you have a beasty stash, that could be practical along with a few hanks Malabrigo or something. (Malabrigo is love)

Yeah, that! Then you can take your time and fondle first! :teehee:

Yeah, that! Then you can take your time and fondle first! :teehee:[/quote]

ditto! :cheering:

malabrigo to see what all the fuss is about or this other yarn that i can’t find UGH…sorry I will post the link if I find it.

I think I might ask for enough yarn to the make the Cowl from Howl n’ Cowl in Stitch n’Bitch. It looks like a sweater I would wear a lot.