What type of increase do I use?

My new project instructs for an “increase” and I’ve read that this means to knit in the front and back of the stitch, it’s worked until I got to this section in one of my rows:

…K2 tog, YO, increase, K1, increase, (YO, SSK) twice…

would I have to increase between stitches??? because I’ve been increasing by knitting through the front and back of the stitch. I thought to knit between two stitches called for a “make one” or a “lifted increase”. CONFUSED…!!!:shrug: :shrug:

Yes, do a m1 inc between sts here. Some people use ‘increase’ generically without specifying which one.

Thanks I’ll try that, thank you so much for your help :muah: