What the heck did I do, and how do I fix it?

Help!!! I have no clue what I did wrong and how to fix it. I’ve tried watching “fixing mistakes” videos and I’m still lost. Thanks in advance! I guess this will be a new lesson in reading my knitting.

1 Like

It looks like you may have knit into the stitch below the one at the end of the left needle. Is the working yarn attached to the loop over the end of the right hand needle? If so, drop that loop off the right hand needle and knit into the back loop of the stitch on the left needle. You should then be good to go.

Yes, the working yarn is attached to the loop on the right needle. Do I need to pick up the stitch below the loop that is on the right needle? (I’m trying to visualize the stitch after “releasing” the loop, and am having a hard time seeing it). I’m at work and the knitting is at home currently, so I can’t actually pick it up and look at it.

This is the #9727 Henley pattern I’m working on, and if it wasn’t, this would be the place where I either toss it into the back of the closet never to be seen again or make it worse by trying to unravel it. I’m determined to learn how to correct mistakes instead of chucking the whole project as I have in the past. Thanks so much for the help!!!

Definitely fixable. Take a look when you get home but to me it looks like that loop of yarn on the end of the right needle can just be dropped and the working yarn pulled so that the loop disappears. The loop looks like it’s been pulled through the stitch below the one on the left needle so no need to pick anything up.

Since the stitch on the left needle is mounted incorrectly, you should knit into the back of it or change the orientation on the left needle. (If you don’t, it’s no big deal. That single stitch will be twisted but that shouldn’t make a whole lot of difference.)

2 Likes

I will do that, thanks!!!

1 Like

Yay!! It worked!! Thank you soooooooooo much!!!:grin:

2 Likes