What stitches are used?

Can anybody identify the two knitting stitches used on [[COLOR=blue][B][U]THIS[/U][/B][/COLOR]](http://www.patternworks.com/image_zoom.aspx?IMAGE=~/products/parts/801381.JPG&NAME=LORNAS SHAWL PATTERN) shawl?

well for starters is it knit or crochet?

If its knit then your going to knit, purl, Yarn Over, Knit 2 Together, Slip slip knit, an maybe a slip 1 knit 2 together and pass the slip stitch over. those are all used in a lace type of shawl at times.

I just got one of their catalogs with that pattern in it. I don’t recognize the stitches though. It’s beautiful!

ETA it also calls for a crochet hook along with the needles- wonder if some of it is crochet.

It is knitted. I do know the process for knitting lace (series of decreases and yarn-over increases to make the holes), but wasn’t sure if these two designs on the shawls had names to them (maybe in a stitch dictionary?) or if someone could provide the specific technique for each section.

I saw that too; I assumed that maybe only the edge was crocheted? It’s hard for me to tell from the picture. I crochet too, so this isn’t a big deal for me, but I think it would’ve been helpful for them to include exactly how much of this is crocheted for those that are primarily only knitters. What if you only knit and a lot of crocheting is required?