What is YOUR favorite sweater yarn?

OK - not that I need any more yarn, but I am on the hunt for the perfect sweater yarn - this is for a comfy, cozy, snuggle up oversized type winter sweater. I want the sweater to be soft, not too fuzzy and since I am hoping it will get a lot of wear, not to pill…in the ideal world it would be washable, but that is not a “requirement”.

So, what is your favorite yarn for an adult sweater? I’ll pick the pattern once I have chosen the yarn on this one (opposite of what I usually do!). TIA Chris

Right now I love Jaeger Premium Merino and Rowan Cashsoft. Anything by those manufacturers is good quality.

Elsebeth Lavold’s [B][COLOR=blue]Chunky AL[/COLOR][/B]

“An unplied, loosely spun yarn with a somewhat fuzzy character that can still produce very distinct patterns. The fact that it can be knitted at a loose gauge allows for e.g. big jackets, without the garment resting heavily on your shoulders. [COLOR=#003300]50% Alpaca, 50% Wool.”[/COLOR]

Thanks Liliyarn and Art Lady - I’ll take a look at those…

Debbie Bliss Merino Aran is heavenly–machine washable, too.

thanks Ingrid! I was looking at that one but wasn’t sure:p

It does grow when blocked, so make sure to block your swatch.

How can I pick? I’d have to say my favorite is Sheepswool from Schoolhouse Press.

Karabella Aurora 8. That yarn is love. Love in yarn form. Yarny lovliness. :flirt:

A million plies which reduces the pilling a little, since it is merino, sproingy, machine washable. loverly.

Oh boy - no I have to go looking some more LOL Thanks guys!

I recently just fell in love with Carron Simply Soft when it comes to making sweaters and stuff. MMm that suff is so wonderfuly soft, and better yet, it’s CHEAP!

I really like ArtYarns Supermerino. It is machine washable and soft. Unfortunately, it is also pricey.

For a better deal I like the 6-ply bulky merino from handpaintedyarn.com. (7.50 for 165 yards) Knits on size 10-11 needles. I made a really comfy turtleneck sweater last winter from this one. I just ordered more today for a hoody. It is not machine washable… but so so soft.

candice