What is yfrn?

Im reading a rowan pattern for Nerissa and it says (k2tog, yfrn,p2) what in the world is yfrn? bring yarn to the front maybe?


Yes, but also go around the needles and back to the front to make a yo between the k2tog and p2.


ok, after that it says *yon, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yfrn, p2, rep from * to last 1 stitch, (yon, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yfrn) (yon, sl 1, k1, psso) p1

this is confusing

As mentioned in another thread somewhere, yfrn, yfwd, yon are all british terms that translate to YO. The different terms are used depending on where the yo is located - between 2 knit sts, or 2 purl sts, or a knit and purl, or purl and knit. Basically they’re all YO and just make sure you put the yarn over/around the needle somehow to make it.


Wouldn’t the world be a happier place if we could standardize all this? Most of my knitting problems revolve around trying to find equivalent Aussie yarn, or equivalent Aussie needles or figure out the right terms! I’m so grateful for all the help I get here just reading everyone’s posts!:hug: