What is this stitch?

Does anyone know what the stitch on bjorks legs is called or how to do it? I’ve been trying to figure it out for ages!


I think there is a pattern stitch called ‘mesh’ stitch and i have also seen one called ‘back cross sticth’ which look similar.

have a look on here www.crochetpatterncentral.com as well as garment patterns it has stitch patterns in too.

I think it looks a lot like the knit Wasp Nest Stitch