What is this stitch?

I want to make this sweater. Im not much of a knitter. The pattern says: Patt row: K2, * p2, k2, rep from * to end. Rep the patt row until back measures 18in from cast on edge.

Wouldn’t this pattern be ribbing? Doesn’t look anything like ribbing. Help! I would show you a picture but can’t figure out how to attach a picture.

This is the upload button in the reply box.


It depends on the number of sts cast on. This looks like the repeats are staggered to give a moss stitch-like appearance.
Can you give us a pattern name or link?

I had to purchase the pattern so there’s no link to it. Number of stitches cast on is even.

I’m amazed a bought pattern doesn’t say the name of the stitch. I tried finding it, not exactly double seed or diagonal rib. Those were the closest I found.

It stacks,

You know I’ve seen that before, but I can’t think of what it was called. It’s kind of like garter rib, but not quite… I’ll see what I can find.

I think I may of found it. http://newstitchaday.com/how-to-knit-the-2-stitch-garter-rib-stitch/

Yeah, I think that is it. Here’s another pattern with what I thought looked like it. I like it!

This is what I like about knitting. Just knits and purls do so many things.

Now to just figure out if I can do it on a knitting board.