What is this (k1, p1) in yo? I'm so confused

Help?? I’m a knitting newbie. My mother-in-law got me started on a beautiful project. Things were going great, and then she left town! The row I’m stuck on, which I know someone out there must know how to do, is as follows:

K 1, *k 1, (k 1, p 1) in yo, k 1; repeat from * to last st, k 1

Okay… I get the K 1, I get the *k 1, and I get the K 1; repeat. What I can’t seem to figure out is the (k 1, p 1) in yo. It sounds like I’m supposed to do a yarn over and do a k1 and a p1 within that yarn over? I’ve tried this just about every way but hanging upside down from the ceiling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Desperate and confused in knitting land,

Beth

It looks like there should have been a yo in the previous row, and that is the yo that you’re supposed to k and p into.

I think that’s it! There is a yarn over located exactly where I’m supposed to do the k1 and p1. You can’t see me, but I’m doing a Homer Simpson and slapping myself upside the head. (Not hard.) :wink:

Thank you so much! I’ll give that a try. If you have any suggestions of a good online demo of how to do the k1 and p1 in the same stitch, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you! I think I’ll be able to sleep tonight. :lol:

Beth

:doh:

Knit into the front of the stitch as you usually would, but DON’T slip the stitch off the left needle yet. You will now have one new stitch on the right needle and the SAME stitch still on the left needle. Now, you will bring your yarn forward, like you do everytime you purl, and purl the same stitch that you have just knitted into. Now you will slip the stitch off the left needle.

Can I just tell you how happy I am to have found this forum?! I feel like I just found a new family! Thank you! - Beth :happydance:

Big Hugs!!! :wink: