What else do you guys do besides knit?

I garden and have extensive gardens at my house. I also bake and read. Since My family and job are high stress, I lean towards hobbies that soothe me.

However, I have been known to throw clods of dirt at kids and husband.

im getting mine filled with gold or yellow on the “wisdom” one… my older brother “power” and my younger brother “courage”… but i havent had the funds yet… :slight_smile:

I’ve always enjoyed doing crafty things, with varying degrees of success. I crochet a tad, but prefer knitting. I have done cross stitch. A couple of years ago I was given a case of martini glasses and decided to try my hand at glass painting - why, I have no idea as I can’t even draw a stick figure, but much to my delight the glasses came out really well! Been meaning to get back at it again, but am afraid it was a one time lucky shot. I also recently was looking into scrolling, but I haven’t purchased the supplies yet. I love to read, garden and cook as well.

Thanks for this post, it is something I have often wondered too

Knitting is my only craft which seems to make me quite unusual although I used to cross stich years ago.

I am a big reader, currently reading 4 books at one, one about a knitting club. I run 3 to 4 times a week which is as much for my mind as my body. I am also a Leader with the Brownies (Girl Guides/Girl Scouts).

Irishmam

I’m a big reader, and I love my Sony ebook Reader!

Knitting is actually my most recent crafty hobby. I used to cross-stitch, but haven’t done that since my high school years. My biggest passion is photography, which is both a hobby and a part-time profession for me. I also enjoy sewing and scrapbooking.

read, sew, crochet, quilt, play sports w/ my minions…

mostly I knit whenever i can though :slight_smile:

whats the title of that book? when i worked in the cafe i remember seeing a book kinda like that and wanted to read it but never got to it

You mean there are things other than knitting???

Actually, I used to do counted cross-stitch, but it was getting too hard to see. I spin a little bit, sew a little and love to cook.

I am a professional oboist :note:, teach privately :note:and am adjunct at a university. Making reeds is a necessity for us, so I always have my hands in something.

Between the students, rehearsals, performances and reed making, knitting and spinning make nice calming diversions from this high stress profession.

This is going to sound totally out there, but I race cars. I got into it from when I was a little girl and would always follow my dad around at the tracks when he raced. I just finished my second season of wheel to wheels racing, but have been racing cars since I was 16, am 25 now. The last race of the season is a HUGE deal in the racing season, and my dad and I made it into the national magazine :slight_smile:

Besides knitting and racing, I work a lot and am in school full time. I also like to bake and cook when I have a night off.

I used to collect American Girl dolls, but that got phased out when I moved, now all my doll stuff is in storage in milwaukee, and I now live in MN.

Wow talk about a life story… he he

I knit, crochet and embroider. In my spare time I manage to do some gardening and read quite a lot. We are a farily large family and as we have 6 grand children are usually asked to babysit for some of the smaller ones.I find all this keeps my life fairly fulltime and enoyable

I am learning to crochet, and just broke into my heddle loom for the first time last week…so much fun!

Mostly…if I don’t have a knit project in hand, I am at my computer playing World of Warcraft or Sims 3, or working on my cross stitch!

Other than knitting I also crochet, I used to do cross stitch and a little bit of quilting, I read and occasionally write (poetry and short stories), every now and again I break out my sewing machine, I love photography, have dabbled in jewelry making (beaded bracelets and necklaces), I mess around with my web site and Paint Shop Pro on occasion, occasionally restore old photos…Hmm, I think that’s about it…lol

I love to crochet and knit. I also do a lot of reading , and play on the computer. Usually the USA Today crossword puzzle, and other puzzle games like peggles, zuma, jewelquest solitaire. I’ve made one quilt (a “rag quilt”, nothing elaborate, but fun to make just the same!)

I belong to my church’s choir, used to play the clarinet. I play at the piano and keyboard. I like to dig in the mud when the weather is nice.

I will (one day) learn to tat, both shuttle tatting, and needle tatting. I have a bobbin lace kit, and would love to learn how to do that too.

…and yes, I must admit, I am a hoarder. Mostly of yarn, crochet hooks, and knitting needles; but I also have various supplies for different other crafts too (beads, fabric, etc.) My craft room is a “yarn shelter”. People bring their abandoned yarn to me, and I give it a home. :wink:

i thought you were talking about tattoos :slight_smile:

You mean “tatting”? LOL No, tatting is a type of lace making.

:wink:

Hi Brolie,

The book I have been reading is The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (2007). It is set in New York and is about a single mother who sets up a yarn store and then a knitting club. I enjoyed it.

Irishmam

That’ll be neat!

yes yes yes thats right… i was thinking monday night knitting club and couldnt find it haha. we had an announcement at borders for the book and i got all excited because i thought we were really starting a friday night knitting club haha

Besides daily activities and work, I only knit. :knitting:

I love to paint and draw…I have crocheted since I was a young girl…I have never tried to knit and trying to teach myself…Today I figured out to cast on with the help of site video (THANK YOU!)…