What does "all in YO" mean?

Hi,

The increase rows in my pattern calls for:

[COLOR=Red][B]Row 1 (RS):[/B] K1, yo, k1 – 3 sts. Turn.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Row 2:[/B] K1, (k1, yo, k1, yo, k1) all in yo, k1 – 7 sts. Knit 8 rows.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]I tried knitting this ignoring the [/COLOR]“all in yo” [COLOR=Black]but that only gets 5 stitches.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black]Can anyone tell me what that means?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Thanks :hug:
[/COLOR]

You have to knit, do a yarn over, knit, do a yarn over, knit all in one yarn over stitch
so you are knitting 3 x and doing 2 yo’s in the same stitch.

Confusing, I am not sure how to achieve that, but that is what the pattern says to do.

Hopefully someone more experienced can tell us both how to do this one…

Good grief that sounds complicated - its only for a tiny increase but as its a tiny project, its quite crucial to the overall effect I think. It’s for;

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/strozzi/strozzi.html

I have tried several ways of trying to incorporate this into one YO but it seems impossible.

:wall:

Yes, you are knitting one stitch, then making a YO, knitting another stitch, then another YO, then knitting one more stitch all in the same YO.

This is increasing 4 stitches in that one YO.

Just start the sequence and don’t pull your stitches off the needle until you have made the 3rd knit stitch in the YO.

It will be a little bulky on the needle but you can do it.

Hope this helps!

Susan

It is the same technique that is used to create stitches for the basic Bobble.
see video here, look under, Decorative Stitches, first part shows how.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

I just tried it with two toothpicks & worsted wt yarn & it worked quite easily. Just like z-mom said… don’t take the yo stitch off the needle until you’ve completed the total number of stitches in it.

Thank you all so much! The vid was brill - helped show me what you all said!

I’ve done the first leaf now :cheering:

:hug::hug::muah::hug::hug:

WTG, Niffer!

I’m going to get help with how to do stitches in one st like that like kfb tomorrow night at our next knitting group meeting.

I can’t figure it out on my own looking at pics.