What did I do to these socks?

I just finished my first pair of socks (magic loop), and I have no idea what I did wrong. I can’t correct it for the next pair if I have no idea what I did, right? :wink:

I’m hoping someone can tell me!

I know it happened when I picked up the stitches for the gusset. It’s like I made a cable somehow without intending to.

Here are the pictures:

In this picture, you can see that there’s no cable. I did this side the right way…but I have no idea how I did it!

Thank you!

That’s really common especially with the first pair of socks. The way to deal with it is to pick up and extra stitch at that corner and then when you come around for the first row knit two stitches together in the corner. You can twist the stitch first if you need to to tighten it up. It really won’t show in the end. Here’s that are of the one I just finished.

For now you can close that area by hand with a yarn and yarn needle.

Jan, I think that’s only part of the problem. In the first couple of pix, she’s twisted the sts in the gusset, somehow. . .

Yes, that’s what I was trying to explain in the pictures. :slight_smile:

The holes I’m not too worried about. Those I can fix, like Jan said. I just have no idea how I twisted those darn stitches! :frowning:

There is a really loose stitch area at the corner there when you first pick up and if you picked up from that area I think it could look that way. :think: