What can I do with this yarn?

Hi,

I’m just cruising around ebay… and saw some yarn that might be nice… But I’m not sure what I would do with it… lol! But… it could be fun… I just don’t know enough yet to know if this is something I would be able to use, and what for… So, here’s the info given:

100% cashmere wool yarn for machine or hand knitting
250yard skein, approx yarn weight 45g (1.5 oz)
Yarn count / thickness “fingering weight”, 50/140Tex
This yarn is a 2 ply, one tight spun of 50 Tex (1/20NM) and one soft spun of 140Tex (1/7NM, and will knit similarly to the fingering weight yarns described here:
http://www.colourmart.com/cashmere/knitprops.htm

So, any ideas on what I could make… and how much of it I would need? (Keep in mind I’m fairly new to knitting…)

Thanks!

Socks came to mind first although they’d be rather delicate socks…the weight is good for socks but there isn’t enough yardage…wool is great for socks but I don’t know how well cashmere would hold up…

a cowl? in a lace?

what are your skills?

There is a sweater pattern called “thermal” over on Knitty that uses fingering weight yarn. There is a knit along for it at Craftser. I was eyeing yarn from colourmart too. If I end up buying it, I will pay the extra $ to have them wash it.

candice

Hmmmm… thanks for the ideas everyone…

I’ll have to think about this a little more, and maybe hold off for awhile on it… I’ve already got a few other project going on, and I thought this might be fun stuff to work with (for some reason cashmere sounds like fun…) but I think I should get a little better before giving this stuff a try (I’m almost finished my second dishcloth… lol…)

Thansk again! :muah: