What are you reading?

There are some interesting reads mentioned in this thread!

I’m adding to my reading list. thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m re-reading my favourites from my Discworld collection, just finished going postal. Also reading the women who spied for Britain - female secret agents of the second world war.

I’m reading free Kindle books, some of them good, but I don’t remember the titles. lol

i almost wish somebody would take away my netflix access so that i would read some non-school, recreational, fun books. beyond the 10 pages a week i seem to barely get to now. but only almost. :wink:

just finished a bunch of William falkner (now, just ASK me what the titles were…)

and at the same time, Total Failure #1, Mistakes Were Made, which is a kids book by one of my favourite cartoon strip creators.

I’m also absorbing a bunch of gardening books.

Its an eclectic mix. (snork)

At the moment, I’m busy reading ‘Firestarter’ by Stephen King. I’ve also got some other books lined up as well, but that I’m only going to be doing when the Bout of Books Read-a-thon starts. : )

Equal Rites (Terry Pratchet).

Going Postal was a blast, as was the movie!
also, Making Money.

lets see, what else…

Off the Radar, by Cyrus Copeland. well written, and what an amazing story.

just finished a couple of murder mysteries,
and Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair. (ok, not great.)

and some gardening books.

been knitting, been reading…

one that stands out recently is Ghost Boy. amazing story.

and also discovered the Vogue Stitchionary series.

The last book I read while in the hospital was Sycamore Row by John Grisham. It was a strange read but fascinating. It dealt with the aftermath of an old man’s suicide and the 24 million dollar estate that he left 90% of it to his housekeeper.

The Time In Between. María Dueńas
Wild Swans. Yung Chang
Andersonville. MacKinkey Kantor
Song of The Lark. Willa Cather
Cannery Row. John Steinbeck
The Stone Diaries. Carol Shields
Gutenberg’s Apprentice. Alix Christie

And many more; however, the ones cited above are simply superb!

just read Thud! by T Pratchett.

also, tried the Hormone reset Diet, which seems to involve not eating lots of normal foods, and replacing them with all kinds of expensive supplements. Granted, I just skimmed quickly, and tossed it aside.

also skimmed The One-Minute Manager. which was written like we’re all five. Tossed that aside.

came home from the library with a cook book, of all things. I’m willing to try some recipes involving sorghum, if I can find it anywhere.

and now, I’m reading Everything I learned by Heart. which I think will turn into a nice little romance.

I never know what I want to read, so I roam the stacks, and pull things out at random. makes for some interesting reads. and lots that I return the next day.

I haven’t read Steinbeck in decades!

“Defarge Does Shakespeare”… because I was lucky enough to win a signed copy of it from Heather Ordover of Cooperative Press (and had it signed by her and Elizabeth Green-Musselman of Dark Matter Knits)… but it’s also a great read. Some very funny backstories on the designers, their inspirations, their failures, their connections to literature… plus all the great patterns.

Just finished a pretty good thriller:
Carved In Darkness, by Meagan Beaumont.

waiting for me at the library:
The complete photo guide to Crochet!!! (Really looking forward to this one., will report back if its useful or not.)

also coming to the library for me:

Kyoto Gardens, Masterworks of the Japanese Gardeners Art.

I’ve decided that my balcony garden needs a water feature, so this may inspire me.

So, it looks like this thread was started a while ago. I’m new. I’m learning. And…I love to read. I just finished The Silkworm, by Robert Galbraith(?), J.K. Rowling. No Harry Potter here. And, am currently reading Caught by Harlan Coben. He is my new favorite author.

Kandels principles of neural science 5th edition and some old cook book about the history of curry spices.

I heard a lecture by Eric Kandel and Paul Greengard several years ago. What a powerful duo, both over 80 and brilliant.

Wow thats a lecture I would like to have heard myself! :smiley:

Dead Wake, about the sinking of the Lusitania.
several knitting stitch collections, So Anyway, by John Cleese, and a bunch of other stuff I don’t remember.

I don’t know if anybody mention this in this thread, but “The Martian” by Andy Weir is fantastic!

I read that a few months ago before I saw the movie. It’s a great book AND movie!