We're going to DisneyWorld! Tips please!

Don’t forget to check out the dining with character times. We only made it to one, but it was cute! We had a friend that did it everyday. Make sure your kids understand that the characters don’t talk! We had some girl chasing Rafiki around trying to get him to talk and made it extremely annoying for the rest of us trying to talk and get pictures with them.

I loved the passes we had. We visited one park during the day and the other at night and it didn’t cost any more.

We had a friend that got waterproof neckband holders for the tickets- GREAT investment! Since you have to keep your ticket close for the line thingees, but you don’t want it to get wet, it saved a ton of time in looking for them! She lent them to friends. You could probably sell them at the gate as you leave! They also had the Mickey dude that told you where you were and stuff. I think it’s pretty pricey, but she lent it out to friends so it definitely got it’s use!

Kelly

OH, I forgot…Photo Pass!!! Get one at the first park you enter. It doesn’t cost anything and you can have park photographers take your picture anytime you see one (they just scan your pass). Then your family can view your photos on line for up to 30 days and see what a great time you are having. If you choose to you can order a disk of all the photos they take of you in the parks!

DW is a great place. In fact, we got engaged at the Epcot :slight_smile:
Since you have 4 full days, try to do a day per park. Downtown Disney has some neat places to eat. Epcot is good to see, as it’s theme was about the different places in the World. But the “what not to miss” is always in the eye of the beholder. I am certain that you with the research you will be doing you will have an excellent idea of where you are wanting to hit up. Enjoy you trip and tell us all about it when you get back. :slight_smile:

• Bring in a backpack or a hydration pack with water as water in the park is $$.
  • Comfortable shoes.
  • Fast Pass is the way to go on rides.

Ha!! it was 79 when we went in for breakfast and an hour later it was 69 by 5pm it was in the 40’s with a wind chill factor in the 30’s!! Weather.com had forecast the entire week to be in the upper 70’s so we didn’t take anything heavier than a denim shirt each! Guess who all got new sweatshirts as souveniors that trip? :rofl: It wasn’t so bad except two of us were getting over pneumonia. We still had fun, but learned (the hard way) that the weather can be fickle in January (and February!) So we pack a variety from swimsuits to hats and scarves!

thanks so much everyone! Great ideas and tips- especially about the weather… So far we have one character breakfast reserved and I’m working on the dinner plans!

I’ll tell you all about it! :slight_smile: now to get the suitcases out of the attic, (ick! dusty, dark, cold!)

:shivers:

I live in So. California and I remember when I was 5 years old my parents took me and my 4 year old brother to Disneyland. They told me we were going to see the “Honey we Shrunk the Audience” show. I became suspicious when we stood in a tunnel decorated with pictures of spaceships and galaxies. 20 minutes later, we were boarding a ride. Being 5 years old, I did not question what was going on. Let’s just say that that experience scared me away from that ride for a good 8 years or so. :teehee:

lol- yeah-im-crazy- I rode Space Mountain for the first time when I was 14 (on a high school band trip). and it STILL scared me away from coasters for a while…

marykz, have a safe trip. Oh yah, don’t forget the rain ponchos, they tend to have some rain that kicks in between 2-5 PM.