Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

A post was split to a new topic: Numbness/pins and needles while knitting

hello everyone i m alexaben :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, alexaben!
Thanks for joining us and happy knitting or crocheting, whichever you prefer.

1 Like

Hi, I’m excited to have found this site and look forward to getting answers to my oh, so many questions that have confused me since I started making teddies for my grandchildren a few years ago.
I’m taking a huge leap and have started a top down sweater, knitted in the round. I’m just finishing the yolk and am struggling to know when to separate the stitches for the sleeve.
I’ll hunt around on the site for a few tips.
Thank you for making this knitting help available.
Now I need to learn my way around the site…!!

1 Like

Welcome!
Your pattern should tell you after so many rows or a certain measurement, that it’s time to separate for the sleeves.

Thank you for your welcome :blush:
I’m quite tall and am thinking that looking at the pattern that if I follow it, the armhole could be a little tight.
Perhaps I’ll knit an extra inch!

There’s a couple of things. You can look at the schematic if the pattern has one and see if the dimensions given for the yoke to the sleeve separation will work for you. You might also put half the sts on another circular needle and try on the sweater. See if the length to the sleeve separation will work for you.

Great idea, I’ll do that! This seems to be the beauty of knitting top down. I can’t imagine finishing the sweater to find that the armholes are too tight. Thank you again.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to your site and I would like to say, I have started knitting about 4 to 5 years ago and do it for fun! I have plenty of questions as I have only done scarves and dish cloths! I’m hoping to maybe get some help about knitting blankets and other projects but more about blankets lol! Thanks for having me and creating an amazing forum!

1 Like

Hello, I’m new to the site and am happy to have found you. As an introduction I can say that I took up knitting again after about 45 years. I started knitting little soft toys and the first teddy that I was happy with went to my granddaughter. Subsequently I’ve knitted toys for all 5 grandchildren plus others for grownup kids! I’ve also completed cowls and shawls. Now I’m knitting my first Andrea Mowry sweater and think that perhaps it might fit! I’m getting many new techniques from YouTube and now I have you to turn to👌 I live in Jersey, UK and love walking, cycling and of course, knitting.

1 Like

So glad to have found this knitting forum! Excited to learn more and help others any way I can as well. I get stuck to often on projects and then let my projects sit before I find help! Definitely think this a great place to seek others who are just as passionate about knitting.

Alec

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Callie Anne. I’ve been a knitter for several years. I’ve always knitted beginner hat and scarf patterns but just recently started knitting intermediate patterns. I love to knit, it’s such a great stress reliever!

1 Like

Welcome all to KnittingHelp!
The forum is a friendly place to ask questions and show off your projects. We’re happy you’ve all joined us.

I’m new to this site and welcome suggestions I might receive from other knitters regarding my issues with sweaters and DK yarn.
Marge

Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum. My name is Greg Gramos. I work as a knitter and make waffle blanket. Now i have some other stuff too so i am looking forward for a help from the other forum members.

Hi!

I’m relatively new to knitting - been doing it in earnest since January. I’ve really enjoyed learning how to do some basic techniques and I already have a yarn stash which is bigger than I’d like! So far my favourite knit has been the Minecraft hat that I made for my son. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!
Well done. You’re hat looks perfect and your son looks pleased with the results too.