Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Hi and welcome Polly 21!
Glad to have you join us. Usually a draft in progress shows up when you access the site. Try posting again in one of the categories like General Knitting or How-to. Wherever you post, we’ll see it.

Hi Angela! Welcome welcome! It’s sad to hear you don’t have your mum to lean on anymore and we could never replace her but this is still a great place! It seems like every other time I get on I am reading someone else’s questions and finding answers to things I didn’t know that I didn’t know :slight_smile:

Hi, I am new here and I am looking forward to joining in with you all. Thank you for letting me join your forum.

Thank you for the kind welcome. My name is Lalla and I am from the UK but live in Hong Kong. I knit Portuguese style, so often have problems to solve when instructions get lost, as it were, in ‘translation’ between English or Continental knitting. But I’ve managed, mostly thanks to Andrea Wong who is the doyenne of Portuguese knitting, to crack most of the difficulties! Your forum is very helpful and I do see other Portuguese-style knitters sometimes asking questions that even I can now answer; I’m a relative newbie to knitting and have only ever learned Portuguese, which may actually help me - nothing to unlearn!
I’m very glad to have joined your forum.

Thanks Salmonmac - have done this but don’t know who I’ve sent it to.

Go back to the home page or to one of the categories and click on the grey rectangle to the upper right, the +New Topic button. Then you can post your question to categories like General Knitting or How to rather than addressing it to a person.

I’ve posted a question already, but can’t find it. About to give up on this forum as finding it very complicated to use as I’m looking for where you say things are and they are not there. Your help is much appreciated but think I can’t cope with stress of this as well as wonky pattern.
Thanks anyway.

Hi, Looking forward to learning more

I’ve not been knitting for more than 30 years but thought I might start again. Saying “Hi” here seemed like a good place to start

Ham