Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Hi, I’m new at this site. I’ve been knitting for about six years but still not very good. I try and tear up, or tink, then try again. I’m handicapped so can’t get out around people often, just learning by trial and error. Thanks to all of you for being here.

Welcome! Knitting is a bit of ripping back and then going forward again. Eventually it gets better but the tinking (or large scale ripping back) is never completely left behind. The important thing is to keep trying. We’ll all be happy to help with whatever you do.

Thank you!

Jacket

Summary

This text will be hidden

This is the completed coat from the pattern that I had difficulty in figuring out. It turns out that my counting was off - I should have worked over a multiple of 4 stitches to keep my pattern straight instead of 5 :slight_smile:

How elegant and lovely! Beautifully done.

split this topic #8359

A post was split to a new topic: Oliver leggings by Rowan

Loving this site! I’ve never needed help like this before, I can usually decipher strangely worded patterns myself just fine! I perused the already existing topics, found some helpful things, but none that answered my big questions so posted my own topic with the instructions looking for some insight and am just waiting for a reply!

Excited to have found a community of knitters!

Welcome to the forum!
We all run into those strangely worded patterns now and then. This is a good group for trying to figure them out. Glad to have you join us.

Hello guys, I love knitting and I’m thinking of getting this dog summer clothes as an example for my project because I think that pet likes to enjoy their warm summer days on the water that’s the reason why I joined this lovely community. :slight_smile:

Hello Franz,
Because of your nick I assume you are a male. I am also a male and I begun knitting because I wanted to also do something while my wife knits. Now I and my wife are able to spend time together while both of us are productive.

split this topic #8364

A post was split to a new topic: Plain Cardigan Pattern Needed