Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Welcome!
Knitting is a great way to occupy time in a waiting room. Did you learn from videos or did someone teach you?
Pick out a pattern for something you’d like to knit and we’ll all be happy to help with any questions.

split this topic #8333

3 posts were split to a new topic: Decreasing help

I’m from South Africa, a small town, Stilbay.
Was taught by my mother-in-law of German descent - knit form graphs and adjusts patterns to suit me.
I’m also a crocheter and a quilter.

Usually I can figure a pattern out, but this one has me stumped.:slight_smile:

Welcome!
That happens to all of us at one time or another. Click the +New Topic button in the upper right of most pages and post your question with a pattern link if possible. It helps to see a photo even if the details aren’t available. You can quote a line or two of the pattern just not large portions due to copyrights.

Hello,

I’m Toni from North Eastern Arizona. I’ve been knitting since 1955, former LYS owner, pet-parent to two rescued former racing greyhounds and Boogie…pedigree undeclared, but probably American Staffordshire mix…when asked what type of dog Boogie is I usually just say, “He’s a black dog” :smiley:

Welcome nonnna49! Happy to have you join us.

Welcome, Toni! You will have fun here! :smiley:

Hi. I’m new to this site but not to knitting. I’ve been knitting and crocheting off and on for years - my mother taught me to knit when i was pretty young, and a friend’s mom taught me to crochet. I picked up crocheting again a few years ago when I needed a project. Now I’m eagerly awaiting my first grandchild (!), and the sweater I picked out to make is knitted. Since it’s been a while I find I have some questions, and this looks like a good place to find answers!

Welcome to the KnittingHelp community! :smiley:

This is a great place to find answers to your questions about knitting, and also to find support and like-minded people who also knit. And we always welcome new members!

Happy to have you join us!

Hi,
My name is Sherry and I am new to the forum. I have been knitting for a while but basic beginner items and am always looking to improve. I am grateful to have a community and look forward to browsing. I will be back with questions

thank you for the welcome! i need to get back to you. i’m doing chores instead of knitting. boo.

Hi all!

I’ve been knitting off and on for the past couple years and am now trying to knit a animal.

I will have questions!

Hi, I’m new to the site, I now have grand children so I may need a little help now.
I’m sure I’ll benefit from all your posts
MooMoo

I am from Finland, so English is not my mother tongue.

Some years ago I decided that I want to learn how to knit. I never was taught how to do it as a child and it was something new for me. Most of all I wanted socks, so that became my very first project. Since then I have knitted mostly socks and even coming up with own ideas for the heels.

My knitting style has been going through some phases. When I begun knitting I watched some YouTube videos and begun the first sock as a thrower. At some point halfway through the first sock I switched to the Continental style as it felt much more natural for me. Some socks later I took one step further and switched to Continental combined styled (aka Russian / East European style). After switching to this style, I no longer hate to knit ribbing.

Hello from the Czech Republic,
we would like to invite you to our new website knitting.cz.

We created the site with my boyfriend for my mommy, who has been involved in crocheting, knitting and various creative activities all her life.
The site was to serve only as a blog with mum’s projects at the beginning. However, in the end a comprehensive social network was created, especially for lovers of handicrafts, but also
cooking, reviewing, discussing. You can add your own projects with us (with or without patterns), recipes, create new groups and discussions, products to review, add posts and comments. If you like our site, we will be very happy you to join us.
We look forward to your visit.
Have a nice day :rose:
Team knitting.cz

Hi, I am new to this site.
I am looking for some help with a pattern that I am knitting. It is Rowan Oliver pattern and I am experiencing problem how to shape raglan armholes. If anyone made it before please advise how to read instruction. Dec 1 st at each end of the next and 6(8:7:9:9)foll 4th rows, then on foll 10(8:11:8:9)alt rows
Thank you. Very much for helping me

Welcome to the forum!
Maybe this pattern?

Which size are you making?

Good morning, yes that is the one and I am working on 3-6 month

Thank you

Alla

Remember to decrease at each end of the row, beginning and end of row. Call the next row, row 1 and dec on rows 1,5,9,13,17,21,25.29.and 33. Continue decreasing on rows 35,37,39,41,43,45,47 and 49.

This is a darling set. Enjoy finishing and please show us a photo when you do.

thank you very much for your help.

Alla