Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Good morning
I have been knitting for 20 plus years but still have so much to learn…I enjoy making things for family and friends and learn different techniques and about people how they knit…I hope I can learn and help and meet wonderful people here :heart:

Welcome missmoneypenny and Giosknittinggirl!
Sounds like you both have lots of welcome experience. Yes, there’s always something new or old to learn. That’s one of the things that makes knitting so much fun.
Great to have you both join the forum.

Hi, my name is Chloe and I’m a fairly new knitter, I have no experience in knitting considering I’m only 13 and am looking forward to learn. I already have a question and I posted a forum on it under the username ChloeL so please check it out and help me. Thanks!

Welcome ChlowL! Great to have you join the forum. We have knitters of all levels and love to hear from beginners.

Hi I’m new to the site and am knitting a hat for my grandson, was having questions and I found the answers here on this site, thank you so much.
Jan Hineman

A post was split to a new topic: Number of sttiches for a scarf?

Hello, I am pretty new to knitting, having knitted a few basic hats and scarves when my children were younger many years ago, but that’s about it. A Circular needles gift set for my 50th birthday last year inspired me to start a jumper for my daughter but I have unraveled it more times than I care to say! I am enjoying using the circular needles and determined to finish this jumper, No matter how long it takes me!! I will not admit defeat but have to say I do need help, hence why I have logged on here to ask a few questions about my pattern. I seem to get as far as the armhole decreasing and then it all goes horribly wrong. :frowning:

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
That’s part of why we’re here. We love to see finished projects and help them get that way.
Good for you for going back to knitting with such a lovely birthday present.

A post was split to a new topic: Help with jumper pattern

Hi there, I’m new to this site and I have a question I hope someone can help with.
I’m making a hat and am not sure how to complete the crown.

Row 1. k25, k2tog, k to end

Row 2. Knit all stitches

Row 3. *k8, k2tog, Rep from *to end

Row 4. Knit all stitches

Row 5. *k7, k2tog: Rep from * to end

Continue repeating decreases at the same place 11 more times (total 13 decrease rows)

It’s the part after row 5 that I don’t understand. Do I keep repeating row 5 or rows 1 to five or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!
I see that Jan answered your question over in How-to. Posting your question as a New Topic is the quickest way to get replies.
Glad to have you join us

2 posts were split to a new topic: Mug cozy pattern?

Hi. My name is Denise and I am a newbie to knitting. Really got things down pretty good. Ran into a little glitch this morning so thought I would look up on knitting forums. This one seem to be the best so thought I would join. You can never learn enough in my book.

Hi my name is Carol . I live in Pennsylvania, USA . I am so glad I found the knitting help forum. I have been knitting small things but decided to go bigger and try sweaters now.

That’s for sure never enough knowledge. I too am having some problems with my sweater. The worst is I’m just beginning my increases.

Welcome Denise and Carol! Glad that you found us. We love all things knitting and will be happy to try and help with projects big and small.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to the help I am stuck.
Carol3

Hi. I’m hoping this is the group that# going to knit the Sylvi coat. Is it? I’d love to knit along. Just received my wool for this project today an$ Im excited

Welcome to KH!
There was a KAL for this gorgeous coat but it was 9 years ago.

There are many posts which should help and Artlady always has very beautiful project notes on her Ravelry page (well worth reading).
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/ArtLady/sylvi

Thank you for your help