Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Welcome to KH!
Lots of good company for sock knitters here. So many choices for how to work them and such fun.
Good to have you join us.

Hi I have just signed up and have a pattern that’s driving me crazy, although it’s some it is baffling me at the moment :cry::cry:

Welcome! Happy to have you join us.
I see that you posted your question already. Thanks for the information.

Hi there. Thank you for including me. I live in Australia and like to knit, handspin and weave.
I’ve been a knitter all my life but can always do with specific help, inspiration and advice. Right now, I’m preparing to spin some of my dogs’ undercoats when they dry after washing.
Liz

Welcome to the forum!
Wonderful to have someone versed in so many aspects of the craft here. We love the inspiration and advice too. Thanks for joining with us.

Hi All,
I have been knitting off and on for 50 years but still novice in many areas so I often have to seek clarification of pattern directions and methods. You Tube has been very helpful but when I happened on this forum I liked the idea of more directly connecting with a community of people who knit - suppose it’s ok to call them “knitters”. Happy to be here and look forward to learning and growing my knitting knowledge.

Thanks.

Linda

Hello everyone! I am a beginner knitter and I am very excited to be a part of this forum. I am retired, a mother of 3 and have 4 granddaughters. I have so much to learn and want to learn more than the basic knit stitch. I look forward to reading all your comments and suggestions. Thank you in advance for all that you have to offer in my process of learning!!

Welcome Southwestknitter and Kikilia! We’re delighted to have you both join us. I’m sure your experience and projects will be great additions to the forum. We’re all learning new things here every day.

Welcome Kikilla i sm sure that you will find many things thst interest you. We help each other with difficult instructions, we offer advice, linkd to many different types of patterns and we share pictures of our finished projects. Look around i am sure you will find something that interest you.

Thank you trisha54! How sweet of you to send me a message.

What a great site. I was wondering how to do the Paloma scarf, was thoroughly confused by the instructions and voila, there is someone asking the same question. I think I have mastered it, will get back on to the real thing now, though I am unsure whether I like the wool that I bought for it. Don’t know how good I am at posting this though.

Welcome Dee1!
I love that facet of the forum. The replies help out the original poster and serve as an archive for future questions too. That’s how I first came to the site.
We’re glad to have you here and hope the scarf goes well.

Hi! I am Elisa, I’m Italian and I knit only every now and then, which makes me an ethernal newbie!
Thank you all in advance for all the useful advice you’ll provide and that will improve my technique!
Elisa

Welcome Elisa!
Good to have you join us on the forum. We’re all happy to help you with questions and advice on projects. And, of course it will be good to hear your advice too.

Hello, you have an amazing site and I am very excited! I translate patterns from Russian to English and from English to Russian. I have a great experience in the knitting and crocheting field. I know terms and abbreviations in both languages and do it correctly! So, I would like to make a post or may be some kind of advertising for your dear subscribers… May be I can help many people with my knowledge. How can I do it through this website? Thank you alot!

Hi Ekaterina and welcome to KnittingHelp!
Your post is a good notice to forum members but if you’d like to start your own thread, click on the +New Topic button in one of the categories.
Thank you for offering your help with pattern translation. It’s always appreciated.

Hi friends! It’s amazing the kinds of communities you can find on the internet :blush:.

I was wondering if I could get some honest and brutal feedback on my latest creation: https://cellfyco.com/products/hand-made-hat-case. In exchange I’d be happy to offer a 15% discount.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Shannon

Hello, I’ve decided to join the community because I think it’s fun while I learn the basics of knitting. I aim to make an online market through Instagram together with my other art stuff. Hopefully, I can materialize the ideas I had in mind.
Best regards to everyone here.

Welcome Cellfy and senchacup! We’re delighted that you enjoy knitting and are here with us. Thanks for joining.

Hi I’m Mary Lou and I have recently started knitting again after a way too long hiatus. I am working on an old pattern ( I know it’s old because on my website searches I found out that the Kamouraska yarn no longer exists) I had saved and am having difficulty figuring out how to cast off. The pattern is for a pair of slippers. I’m at the end and this is what it is asking me:

Divide the stitches on to 2 needles. On wrong side cast off in Knit stitch ,one stitch each side together.

I have 10 stitches on each needle but don’t know how to cast off. :frowning:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mary Lou