Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

I want to say thank you to one of your members for the instructions for Dec2K (slip 2 together knitwise, knit 1 and then pass the 2 slipped stitches over). I came away with only one sheet from a pattern and there was no information, after 3 hours of unpicking on a car journey, trying all the combinations I could think of, I had to admit defeat and give up. Thank goodness for the Internet, this is a great site.

Hello!! It’s been a long time since I’ve been on Knitting Help. I feel like I’m not doing this right. Is anybody seeing this? Well, I have a question about gauge swatch. I am one stitch shy of where I need to be. Do I go down one or two needles sizes on my next swatch and do I rip the first one out and use that yarn or cut it and use fresh yarn from the skein to try another needle size? Thank you!!

Hi bonbon and welcome back!
If you need another stitch in your measurement then yes, go down a needle size. Probably one size down will do it but it depends on the gauge.
I usually just continue with the same swatch putting in a couple of purl sts as a marker for where I changed needle size. A safety pin or stitch marker would work too.

I’m so excited to have found this website!!
Looking forward to the endless possibilities and inspiration!

I am from W.Va too. Nice to meet you! :slight_smile: Hope you have fun here.

Welcome everyone! Nice to have you here!

You will love this website. It has great things to learn and nice people. Hope you have fun! :slight_smile:

Hello, I am a newbie at knitting. I fist picked up needles and yarn jun of 2016.
I am looking for insight and hints on becoming a better knitter.
I like using circular needles for working flat. I have 5 WIPs and A good stash I wish I had room for more. To keep my “Knitting Notions” I have a number of cigar boxes that I have tapped cardstock dividers in.( changed as needed) and the boxes sit on my Knit Shelf along w/all my yarns and WIPs.

Welcome to KH!
Sounds like you’ve made an excellent start. We’re happy to have you join us.

Hello! I found this site while looking for help on short rows. There’s a lot of great stuff here; thanks everyone for sharing!

Amy

Hey there. My name is Ayelet and I am a vegan knitter :slight_smile:

Welcome Ghosties and Ayelet!
Amy, I hope you found the information you needed on short rows. Lots of ways to do them.
Ayelet, do you have a favorite yarn source?
We’re happy that you both found us and joined the forum.

Hey! I think I will have good time with you all.

Hi I have used this site before, long time ago, but where do I post my questions about a pattern?

Hello. I am a raw, very new knitter. Just turned 65, retired last year and I LOVE knitting. I have made a knit scarf and 2 knit hats with “character flaws”, lets say. haha

I am learning to read patterns.

Need some help on this “cast on multiple of 2” thingie.

Kathie

Hello. My name is Sharon.

Hi @Lizzy121! At the top of the main page you’ll see a post topic button. From there you can choose the category you want to post in. You can also go directly to the category you want and post a new topic the same way. The three lines by your avatar on the upper right of any page gives you a drop down list.

A post was split to a new topic: Zero in instructions for my size

A post was split to a new topic: Yarn Advice

Hi I am so excited to actually find a forum to share my love of knitting. I look forward to getting more and more into this chat website <3

:heart_eyes: