Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Sewing and knitting is a wonderful combination of talents. We’re glad to have you with us.

Hi there! I’m glad tofind this site/ My story I thinkis pretty familiar to many others all started with coronavirus when we had to stay home for a long time and I was bored of movies and shows, all books that I planned to read I already have read and not to start eating I started to knitt
Thank for videos and this site :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 Like

I blocked a cotton sweater and now the length is better but the sleeves got stretched out and are too long !! Anyway to remedy that?

Hi everyone. I’m really interested to know if it’s possible to knit a cardigan that is sold in a store but using my own design for example ?

Welcome Jujeee, Klswan and SONY007! Good to have you join us. We have knitters (and crocetters) at all levels. Thanks for joining.

@Klswan You may be able to shorten the sleeves by blocking them wider. Pin the sleeve out and dampen then let dry. Taking up some of the length into the width might help. If not, it may mean actually shortening the sleeves. If you need to do that, come back and start a new topic. There are other possibilities.

A post was split to a new topic: Create sweater pattern

Hi there! New to this site and hoping to learn and share. I started knitting a year ago and I’ve been hooked ever since!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
Knitting has a way of doing that. Glad to have your join us.

Hi all. My name is Sue. I’m from Wales in the uk.

2 Likes

Welcome Sue!
We have several forum members from the UK and specifically Wales. We visited several years ago now and would gladly go back again.
Good to have you join us.

Salmonmac. Thank you for the welcome.

Hi Sue,
Welcome to KH, you’ll love it here everyone is very helpful and friendly. I’ve learned so much here since I joined, wonderful group.
Also from Wales :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Linda

3 Likes

Thank you.

A post was split to a new topic: Toe up slipper booties in chunky yarn

I need help w a garter stitch afghan

Welcome!
We’ll be happy to try to help. What is the name of your pattern? What do you need help with?

hi, i am patrick from canada. I found this link https://forum.knittinghelp.com/ in whatsup, one of my friend sented to me to join here for chit chats.

2 Likes

Hi y’all! I see this post I am replying to (my first post) is dated 2004? Maybe I did something wrong.

I have a first question: Do you count the cast on loops as a ‘row 1’?

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
The cast on loops are generally not considered a row. You can find videos especially for long tail cast ons that say this cast on counts as a row but most patterns do not count it.
If your pattern specifically says to count the cast on as row 1 then go by that but the usual rule is not to count the cast on row.

1 Like

Hello! I am new to the site having found an answer
To my knitting problem on this forum. Very happy and lovely to have found a group of fellow knitters.
:grin:

3 Likes