Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone! I had no idea this forum existed and I’m so happy to find it! I’ve been a knitter for 30+ years but only knitted socks, hats, scarves, pillow covers, etc. I’ve just finished my second sweater and I’m addicted! I’m now trying my first shawl pattern and I’m having real problems so I’m going straight to the forum!

Carrie

1 Like

Welcome everyone to the forum!

A post was split to a new topic: Colts logo blanket

Hi I’m new…is there anywhere I can find a discontinued yarn? I need Berroco Inca Gold…color6425 dye lot 489

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried Ravelry? If you look up the yarn you can locate others who have used or stashed the yarn. A message to them will determine if anyone is willing to part with some of it.
https://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/berroco-inca-gold
You can search in the upper right for the color and its number.

Hello, my name is Laura and I’m in Florida. I’ve been knitting for abt 10 yrs. I’m self tought and still consider myself a novice knitter. I’m working on a shawl and am in the process of making my first blanket. I love my circulars.
I’m also arthritic and am finally having problems with both hands. If anyone else here has dealt with this I would love to hear from you. I have PTSD & Bipolar also, knitting is my lifeline. Knitting keeps my mind focused, my hands busy and I can give to others while helping myself. My other loves…my Mom, my child Sable and riding my motorcycle.

Welcome to the forum! While I do not have arthritis myself, I think Continental knitting style might help you as there are less movements with this style. Instead of the fingers, it is small movements with the wrists that does most of the work. Normally I do a slight movement with the left index finger but I could knit without it if I wanted so, Thus I could knit without any finger movements at all, besides feeding the stitches towards the tip of the needle. When knitting socks with DPN I do not even need to do this feeding, so then the only finger movement would be to switch to next DPN needle.

Hi B I’m a newbie please. An you help … What does ending with1st row mean ( does it mean knit 1st row then start next lot of instructions on 2nd row)?

Hi Laura and welcome to the forum. I have always knitted English style but held the yarn between my thumb and index finger. I tried looping it around my fingers to improve tension but this caused me pain in my right hand. Like Engblom I started to knit continental style and have had no further pain.

Welcome to KH!
What is the name of your pattern?
It likely means end having completed a first row. For example, there may be a 4 row pattern which is repeated x many times. Then the directions want you to end having completed a final row 1.

A post was split to a new topic: Pattern rows

Hi everyone. My name is Evette and I just joined yesterday 2/18/2020

Hi, I just found this forum while trying to figure out some knitting terms that I couldn’t find in any knitting dictionary/glossary. They must be so fundamental that everybody knows them but I am just now sure and need to know for sure, I am so sorry to be this daft. I’ve been knitting a little over a year, but don’t read patterns very well, all my things are REALLY simple. So: “rpt (to) around” I know right purl twist but am not sure about the (to) around. Does that just mean rpt all the way around? That’s what I think. Appreciate any help.

Hi everyone. I am new here and trying to figure out my way around this site. I have been knitting off and on for approximately 35 years but feel there is still so much to learn. Happy knitting!

Hi everyone. I am new here and trying to figure out my way around this site. I have been knitting off and on for approximately 35 years but feel there is still so much to learn. Happy knitting!

Welcome to the forum!

Hi a truly love your website. Just learning to get around your site. I’m really amazed on all the help, knitting tips and videos you provide on your website. Thank you so much.

I’m so glad that you are enjoying the site. Welcome! We’re happy that you’ve joined us.

Hi,

I’m happy to join this forum. I knit and crochet but mostly knit. I recently started a sweater that had an abbreviation I had never seen before and while researching it, I found you! I’m looking forward to being here.

Welcome and thanks for joining us!