Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yourself!

Loving this site! I’ve never needed help like this before, I can usually decipher strangely worded patterns myself just fine! I perused the already existing topics, found some helpful things, but none that answered my big questions so posted my own topic with the instructions looking for some insight and am just waiting for a reply!

Excited to have found a community of knitters!

Welcome to the forum!
We all run into those strangely worded patterns now and then. This is a good group for trying to figure them out. Glad to have you join us.

Hello guys, I love knitting and I’m thinking of getting this dog summer clothes as an example for my project because I think that pet likes to enjoy their warm summer days on the water that’s the reason why I joined this lovely community. :slight_smile:

Hello Franz,
Because of your nick I assume you are a male. I am also a male and I begun knitting because I wanted to also do something while my wife knits. Now I and my wife are able to spend time together while both of us are productive.

split this topic #8364

A post was split to a new topic: Plain Cardigan Pattern Needed

split this topic #8365

A post was split to a new topic: Pattern problem

Hi Im Angie and Im just a beginner really with basic knowledge but want to do better.

Hi!
I am recently new to knitting! I also spin my own yarn!

Happy to be here :grinning:

Hi! Everybody ! I am new here and I am beginner. Please excuse my English which is second language. I just start to learn to knitting because I am knitting dog sweater for shelter senior dog for donate. I never thought that knitting is so fun!

Hi thank you for adding me to your site :+1:
Regards anita

Welcome one and all, Angie1306, Angie_Romanie, Flower12 and smallfry2755! Delighted to have you all in the forum.

thank you so much :+1: . Started knitting 40 yrs ago wasn’t that good lol , but packed it in due to carpal tunnel and a bit off artha in my hands :see_no_evil: put started again after all them years and enjoying it but still trying to remember things , so I might need people’s help lol
:+1:

Hi my name is Bela and I am new to the site.

Welcome Bela! Thanks for joining us.

Hi there! I’m Steph Waring from Northern Ireland. I’ve been knitting on and off since I was a child and there are quite a lot of techniques I have still to master.
At the moment I’m knitting a jumper and I’ve got stuck on this: row 11 - k11, m1, *k8, drop the next stitch and unravel to previous m1 row, ( previous m1 row was row 1), k8, m1, RPG from * to last 11 sets, k11. Now, how on earth do I drop and unravel from r11 all the way down to r1? :thinking:
I’d be grateful for any help with this. Thank you!

Hi and welcome!
You want to drop the next stitch and let it ladder down to the m1 row. Just make sure you are over the correct column of sts, the one with the m1. That m1 will stop the ladder from continuing. It’s as if you’d make a mistake and dropped a stitch without noticing. Like this video but without the repair. (see) 2:00 min)

What is the name of your pattern?

Boa noite,me chamo Rosilda,tenho 42 anos,sou doBrasil,da cidade de maceio,amo croche ,bordado e outras artes

Hi, I’m Marion, started knitting again about two years ago with a friend, a nice lace sweater. Not the easiest and still unfinished because both front and back slipped of the needle with many dropped stitches. Eventually I’ll get around to fix it and finish the sweater, but currently other projects keep me busy :grin:

Welcome Rosilda and MarionK63!
Rosilda, we probably have a few Portuguese speakers on the forum but we generally post in English.
Marion, hope you get back to the lace sweater. It must be lovely and worth completing.

Hi there. I’m new to this site. I am a true left-handed knitter. I tried to switch to right handed or to Continental style, but they were too uncomfortable for me after so many years knitting in one style.