Weird ways of knitting

Hi everyone ^^ I’m new here, name’s Miguel.
Ok, so I taught myself to knit by trial and error and by looking at illustration in a book in a foreign language which I have no idea what it’s called.
The thing is, I knit with both hands (First knit the stitches of the left neede into the right one, and then the ones on the left into the right without ever turning), and I always knit into the back loop of the stitch (The strand in the back of the needle, I don’t know if this is making any sense to anyone).
So, my questions are:

1. Have you any idea if this method of knitting has a name? (Cause I’m tired of explaining the details instead of saying “I knit in [Insert name here] style”.
  2. Do you know if this method would cause any difference in the final product, specially on the edges?
  3. Does anyone know how I could do the two handed knitting in continental? (I’ve tried continental, but the stitches end up all twisted if I don’t turn, and I really don’t like to turn, it breaks my rhythm) More so, if I could do it in continental, and working on the back loop of the stitch? (If you can figure it out and explain it to me, you’ll be my hero for life ^^)

So… that’s it… great site ^^ Nice to meet y’all. And thanks in advance ^^.

I’m not sure how you’d do it Continental, since I’m strictly an English knitter myself, but what you’re doing is called Combination Style. There ya go. A label.:teehee:

Thank you ^^ Not combination tho, in combination knit stitches are worked on the back loop and purl stitches are worked on the front loop, I work all on the back loop ^^. Thanks anyway ^^ (I too prefer english style, but since moving the yarn front/back when doing ribbing is such a waste of time, I thought I’d learn continental so I could do norwegian purls) ^^

:shrug: Oops!

I’ve knit and purled ‘backwards’ for entrelac, but didn’t twist my stitches. I’m not sure what yours is called, but I’m sure it comes out looking like knitting.

Sounds like you knit Combined going left to right,
and backwards (or mirror image) on the return trip.
That’s pretty original, but if it results in good-looking knit fabric and your stitches aren’t twisted at the base, why not? Just call it Miguel’s Method.

By the way, if you hate to turn, have you tried circular knitting? No turning, no purling and the front of the knitting is always facing you.