Want to Knit Sun Ray Shawl

Here’s a beautiful shawl, a free pattern and can you believe it’s an “easy” level?!?

It says to use 6 balls of elann.com Peruvian Highland Wool. The price isn’t bad. I’m kind of impatient, maybe I can find something comparable at Hobby Lobby?!?

Here it is:
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=188024

I really like this pattern. I printed this it out about a month ago and have been considering knitting it. I don’t think I’m ready to do it now though but I’d love to see progress pictures of yours.

I’ll keep you posted. I’m looking for yarn now and trying to decide on the color. The link to the yarn on that page takes you to all the colors and there are SOOOOOOOOOOO many gorgeous ones.

I want to do it too. I have two other things I want off needles before I start it though, so I’ll jump in as soon as at least one of them is done. :slight_smile:

Great, our own private KA! Did you decide on a color yet? I clicked the link on the pattern and all the colors were so beautiful! I guess i’ll go for a lighter color though, like the one in the color.

I really liked this shawl. I’ve already printed out the pattern, but don’t intend to start it for a while yet. When were you planning on beginning the KA?

FORD S-MAX PICTURE

I really liked this shawl. I’ve already printed out the pattern, but don’t intend to start it for a while yet. When were you planning on beginning the KA?

WASHINGTON DISPENSARIES

For whatever reason, I really feel like I want a lace shawl to have a touch of silk in it. Myabe it’s the little gleam. I’d love something that’s semi solid, but I’ll save a non “first shawl” for that, because it usually takes a little more money to get EVERYTHING you want in a yarn. I’m still looking for something that will fit the bill, and I’ll most likely get it at Elann. Peruvian baby silk. I ordered a skein to do some test swatches on while I finish my other projects. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

I know the yarn is a smaller gauge than recommended, but I also sooorrttaaaaa want a smaller shawl, so I’ll get it, see what happens when I do a swatch on smaller needles with this yarn and see how I feel about it. I did a lace swatch on some sport weight yarn and I definitely like the look of something more delicate a little better. Personal preference though, I think (I hope!). :slight_smile:

May I join your KAL for the Sun Ray Shawl? I’ve never knitted a shawl before and would love to attempt this one. I’m also fairly new to knitting so I’'ll probably have some questions and will love the support of this group to get me through. Thank you, Carol

Hi Carol and WELCOME!!! Absolutely, join us. I haven’t started yet, I’m looking for the right yarn too.

This may be too heavy for this, but I’m loving Yarn Bee’s Dreamy Chenille. See http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=376362.

I am looking at this shawl and considering joining you. I am ready to move up from dishcloths and boring squares for my daughters blanket, but I’m not sure if I am ready for this. Just glancing at the pattern puts questions into my head, but I guess that is what a KA is for!

I am also dizzy from all the different colors! I will probably go with the elann since the price seems right.

I will mull it over a bit more and let you know!

April

I haven’t really looked at the pattern, I need to do a test patch myself. I am merely going by the fact that it says it’s an easy pattern. I can’t wait to decide on a color and start this!

Ugh! I just finished this shawl on Saturday! Too late for me to join!

However, I will say that this pattern was very easy and fun to knit. I used every last bit of six balls of the suggested yarn, Elann’s Peruvian Highland Wool. It went very quickly, and grew exponentially when I blocked it!

Anyhow, I’m here to answer any questions! Hopefully I can post some pics later.
[/img]

I think I’d like to try. The beginning has me a bit confused. I can’t figure out exactly where I would start knitting as far as how the shawl looks in the picture.

I do have two things I must finish, but I allow myself 3 projects at any time, so I could quick finish one of them and then be allowed to do this.

I’ll have to think on it. Potentially I am moving in the next month or so, and that kind of would mean I shouldn’t start this.

Irish, I can’t wait to see your finished product!!! Glad to hear it was easy.

Here it is…if you have issues viewing the images, let me know!

[img]http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bean37x/photo/294928804253131999/0

[/img]http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bean37x/photo/294928804253148051/1

[/img]

Here you are!

Here she is!

Irish,

Beautiful! I love the color you chose too!

I am stuck on the color, I just can’t decide. Maybe I’ll copy you! LOL

Beoooooooootiful! Now I have to start that SOON!!! What yarn did you use?