W O W had to share row counter

ok first off… not my idea :teehee: wish it was any how here it is!
make your own row counter!!
just wanted to share :happydance:

I prefer the bracelet one on Craftster recently with different beads on elastic, where one type of bead keeps track of the 1s column, the other the 10s. But I like her idea to attach it in such a way that she can’t neglect to count.

Sarah

Could you share the link to this project or where in the Craftster forums this idea is?

Thanks!

Jeannie

I made something like that using jump rings and seed beads. Each ring has 1,2,3 etc seed beads, and they are all liked together in a chain. When I get to the chain, I just slip my needle in the next ring down.

[color=indigo]I didn’t put seed beads on mine, I hung a charm at the bottom so I work down the row of rings to the charm. I love using the split rings as I can easily add and remove them for the number of rows I need to count. I used this one before I had a charm, so I used a colored stitch marker as my “bottom.” In this picture I’m on row six of eight rows.[/color]

After some searching, I found it…thanks anyway.

Jeannie

[quote=“tewzers2”]

Jeannie[/quote]

Before I understood hyperlinks on other boards I frequent, I always wondered why something was discussed but not linked until I realized the links were within the posts in different colored letters. Most people on this board post hyper-links, that is, a title or words that describe the linked item. On this board, the hyper-links happen to be blue.

If you go back to the original post & click on the blue words that state:

“make your own row counter!!,”

You’ll end up at the page in question. HTH

I used that trick when I knit Dashing last week. Most of the row counts are in multiples of 9, so I made my chain 9 loops long. It worked perfectly! I like that you can customize it to your pattern that way.

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :cheering:

I will make some tatting chaines for me :cheering:

Thank you for sharing. I like the idea :slight_smile:

Jeannie[/quote]

Before I understood hyperlinks on other boards I frequent, I always wondered why something was discussed but not linked until I realized the links were within the posts in different colored letters. Most people on this board post hyper-links, that is, a title or words that describe the linked item. On this board, the hyper-links happen to be blue.

If you go back to the original post & click on the blue words that state:

“make your own row counter!!,”

You’ll end up at the page in question. HTH[/quote]

Tewzers was asking for the link to the Crafster page that redwitch mentioned, not the link Jeanius postaed. :wink:

I’d like to see it, as well!

Thanks, but that wasn’t the link I was referring to. I was looking for the bracelet link in the Craftster Forum.

Here’s a link to what I was able to find on the Craftster Forum
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=22028

Jeannie

Thanks, those are brilliant!

Very girly, though.

Those bracelet counters and such are cute, but I’ve always wondered why people don’t just use these Universal Counters? That’s what I use. No muss, no fuss… no instructions. :slight_smile:

That is the one I use, unfortunately it’s only as reliable as the operator :wall:

That is the one I use, unfortunately it’s only as reliable as the operator :wall:[/quote]

Ditto!