Vogue mag~boxed 3 stitch rep in chart

hey ladies!

i got the lastest issue of vogue magazine-the early fall 2010 and i sooo annoyed because i dont know wat this one stitch symbol means in this chart.

the symbol is called a Boxed 3 stitch repeat-here is a pic of the chart and what the symbol looks like

the symbol (the very last one):

where to apply it in the chart~as ontlined:

the red line running though incidates i got to rep these rows 8 times

[B]DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT DOES THIS SYMBOL MEANS? [/B]lol

im GUESSING it means do the stitchs at the same time-on the same row~k1, yo, k1, THEN k those 3 and pass the last st over?

i mean how would i even handle the next row~the row above it? or at that the row above the box…

lol see where im confused! lol :gah:

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! :knitting:

You do it on the chart wherever the Arrow is shown over 3 boxes and there should be an explanation in the Notes section of the pattern, between the gauge information and where it tells you to CO. On the next row you do a k YO, ssk/skp above it.

ok…so i do it wherever at long arrow is. does it have to have a k1, yo, k1 under the arrow? cuz some have the symbol for a k2tog underneth it…

The k2tog is the row above it, or before it. I’d also check vogue to see if there’s errata on this. Did you find a description of how to do it?

I submitted a question to VKI Technical Support and this is the answer I got. Ticket # 0001102 Hope this helps. You may also go to their website and search under the ticket number to get their replay but here goes…Let me know how you make out. I won’t be able to begin this project for a few more weeks now…
Joni C. 8/20/2010 5:10 PM
Hi Elizabeth, The Boxed 3-st repeat consists of two rows, a WS row which is worked as, “p1, yo, p1,” and a RS row which is worked as, “K3p (k3, pass first st over 2nd and 3rd sts).” On the WS row, the number of stitches goes from 2 to 3, and on the RS row, the number of sts goes from 3 back to 2. I wouldn’t worry about the title of the stitch, though, because you can just follow each chart row by row. When you start adding stitches to the pattern and have to add boxed repeats in the mesh sections, you just work one more p1, yo, p1 if you are on a WS row, and work one more K3p if you are on a RS row. There is a correction to Chart 2, row 28. On that row, the red repeat line on the right side should move to the left 2 stitches (to the left of the asterisk); on the left side, the red repeat line should move 1 stitch to the left (also to the left of the asterisk). Joni

boxed 3 stitch repeat -#29 Cropped Lace Jacket VKI
I submitted a question to VKI Technical Support and this is the answer I got. Ticket # 0001102 Hope this helps. You may also go to their website and search under the ticket number to get their replay but here goes…Let me know how you make out. I won’t be able to begin this project for a few more weeks now…
Joni C. 8/20/2010 5:10 PM
Hi Elizabeth, The Boxed 3-st repeat consists of two rows, a WS row which is worked as, “p1, yo, p1,” and a RS row which is worked as, “K3p (k3, pass first st over 2nd and 3rd sts).” On the WS row, the number of stitches goes from 2 to 3, and on the RS row, the number of sts goes from 3 back to 2. I wouldn’t worry about the title of the stitch, though, because you can just follow each chart row by row. When you start adding stitches to the pattern and have to add boxed repeats in the mesh sections, you just work one more p1, yo, p1 if you are on a WS row, and work one more K3p if you are on a RS row. There is a correction to Chart 2, row 28. On that row, the red repeat line on the right side should move to the left 2 stitches (to the left of the asterisk); on the left side, the red repeat line should move 1 stitch to the left (also to the left of the asterisk). Joni