Virus infected E-mail

[COLOR=blue]Good Morning![/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]I have received several e-mails that are infected. I thought I would share what was in the subject line so that may save some folks the possibility of getting a virus on their PC/Laptop,[/COLOR]
[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=red]"You’ve received an ecard from a Friend![/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][COLOR=red]You’ve received a greeting card from a Mate![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][COLOR=red]You’ve received a greeting ecard from a Family member![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][COLOR=red]You’ve received a greeting card from a Neighbor![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][COLOR=red] "[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]These are a few that our system has quarantined this morning![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Helv][COLOR=blue]anne[/COLOR] [/FONT]

I’ve sent an email to abuse@<domain name>, and they’ve not been returned.

All the websites I’ve looked at just say, yup, it’s out there, don’t click on the link.

I keep getting them,i am with tiscali,where do i send them?

Hi

Silver posted a very useful message about this virus on July 5th or thereabouts.

Seems they’re trying all sorts to get your attention - I even got one email saying I had received a card from a ‘mate’ - cheeky beggars! - it’s bad enough that they’re trying to offload a virus without taking the Mick as well!:grrr:

[COLOR=blue]Hi Ellie! I was just reading your e-mail… glad all is well! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]anne[/COLOR]

I have gotten these too! These emails drive me nuts :gah: I don’t open them though…

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Yea, I’m getting them, too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Did you notice that Neighbor is spelled Neighbour?:??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]LOL there always seem to be typos in these.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]anne[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Depends on where you’re from… if I were in the UK, for instance, it would be the correct spelling…

I have been getting these stupid things for weeks! I get several of them every day. I just keep reporting them as spam to Excite. Very annoying!! :hair:

Silver has very kindly re-posted her message about the e-mail virus. Just scroll down the Off Topic page and you’ll find it.

Thanks very much, Silver

I have yet to recieve these, but my husband has been getting TONS of them on his work email.

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]the other e-mail I get that is obviously spam is suppose to be from [B]E-bay[/B] updating my information. I reported that to the true [B]E-bay[/B] and received an e-mail saying that this is happening quite a bit. Just another thing to look out for I guess. :passedout:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]anne[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]