Very new knitter. Pattern?

Row 1: k
Row 2: k2, * yo, k1; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2
Row 3: p3, [COLOR=“Red”][B]# drop 1[/B][/COLOR], p1, rep from * to last 2 sts, p2.

Row 1: I’ve got it.
Row 2: I’ve got it.
Row 3: I know how to purl, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to drop 1. I went to the decreasing section of the help knitting basic techniques and there are a ton of different ways to drop a stitch. How do I know which one to use?

I’ll ask my questions about row 4 - 20 as soon I figure out Row 3.

Please help. I thought this would be an easier pattern to do, but maybe I should stick to just a scarf with simple k stitches.

:whoosh:

You let the yarn over from the previous row drop off the needle.

Just slide it off the needle. You’re dropping the yarnover stitch. You’ll end up with a little hole which when the scarf is finished will give it a lacey look.
Hope that helps.

Thank you so much on your help with Row 3. Here is row 4 and my questions.

Row 4: k1, *sl2 pwise, k2tog, [COLOR=“Red”][B]pass2 slipped sts over[/B][/COLOR], [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”][B]k1 without dropping st off needle[/B][/COLOR], yo, [COLOR=“Lime”][B]p1 without dropping st off needle[/B][/COLOR], yo, k1 without dropping st off needle, yo, p1 and drop st off needle, rep from * to last st, k1

[B][COLOR=“Red”]This refers to 2 slipped stitches to be passed over. What 2 slipped stiches? Is it the 2 sl2 pwise that I did before the k2tog?[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]How do you knit 1 and not drop it off the needle?[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=“Lime”]How do you purl 1 and not drop it off the needle?[/COLOR][/B]

Yes the sl sts are the 2 that you just slipped before doing the k2tog.
The next set of instructions mean that you’re going to do all those k1s and YOs and p1s in the next stitch. So you will k1, yo, p1, yo, k1, yo, p1 all in one stitch on your left needle. Then drop the stitch off the left needle. It’ll probably be an elongated stitch from the row before so you should have room for them.

[COLOR=Red]Yes, the two that you slipped before the k2tog.

[COLOR=Purple]It sounds like you’re going to do all those stitches in one.

You’ll knit the stitch, pulling the loop through, but don’t slide the stitch that you knit into off the needle.

*Bring the yarn to the front between the needles and around the right needle for the yo and purl into the same stitch that you just knit into, again, don’t slide it off.

Leaving the yarn in front, knit into the stitch again, and this will give you the yo and knit 1.

Repeat the * section, except this time, after you purl it, you slide the stitch off the needle.

You’ll have 7 stitches where you had one.

[/COLOR][/COLOR]