Very difficult instructions Help

Please help if you can understand these instructions. There are several questions I know how to do short row.I read these instructions as doing that. Then it gets really hairy. There are a several at the “same times listed”.
[B]Its the same time stuff that is making me crazy[/B]
[B]The whole sweater is 1/1 rib yet it says on a purl row and a knit row what is that about.[/B]

BODY: Part 1: Cast on 160 sts, work 1/1 rib .
Part 2: RH cont shortened rows inc 1 st on each row for the collar, 24 times in all and
at the same time: widen the collar with shortened rows, on the 2nd, 10th, 18th and 24th row: work 2 rows over first 40 sts.
Then for the collar bind off LH, every 2 rows: 11 times 2 sts and once 39 sts.
At the same time, while
[B]This is where I don’t understand the whole sweater is knitted in rib 1/1[/B]
working the collar decs, on the purled rows, on one side of decs: work 10 sts, k 2 tog, P 2 tog, k 2 tog and end the row. Repeat 23 times in all. On the other side of incs: on the knitted rows work 1 st row: 60 sts, then k 2 in foll st and end the row, 3rd row: work 60 sts, k 2, p1, k 2 in foll st and end the row, 5th row: work 60 sts, k 2, pi, k 2, P 1, k 2 in foll st and end the row. Rep these stagggered incs every 2 rows: 11 times in all. When incs are completed, work another series of incs as foll: 1st row: work 60 sts, in the fall st k 1 and pi, then end the row, 3rd row: work 60 sts, k 1, P 1, k 1, pi, in fall st k 1 and p 1, then end the row, 5th row: work 60 sts, k 1, P 1, k 1, P 1, k 1, p 1, k 1, P 1, in fall st work k 1 and p 1, then end the row. Rep this 2nd series of staggered incs, every 2 rows: 11 times in all, obtainning 1/1 rib.
Part 3: Work shortened rows, 2 rows over 136 sts ,2 rows over 112 sts, 2 rows over 76 sts and 2 rows over all sts, rep from to 24 times in all.
At the same time: Over full worked rows inc LH, each row: 47 times 1 st.
Part 4: Work shortened rows, 2 rows over all sts, 2 rows over 150 sts, 2 rows over 136 sts, 2 rows over 112 sts, 2 rows over 76 sts and 2
rows over all sts
, rep from to 8 times in all.
Part 5: Work 10 rows over all sts and bind off loosely.
FINISHING: Join the first and the last row of the cape. Between points A and B of the 3rd part, make 3 pleats
This pattern has a diagram I have attached it. The numbers on the side are row #'s if anyone can make sense of this pattern I would greatly appreciate an explanation. I have been knitting for 30 years and never saw anything like this. i love the cape and want to make it. Its an anny blatt pattern.

There must be a change to stockinette stitch somewhere. Do you have a picture of the pattern, or a link to it?

I do have a picture I will attach it to this reply.
I think I figured out the first part of the instructions. The second 1/2 that talks about dec and incre. is confusing. I am hoping that once I start knitting I will understand it. But the part about knit row and pearl row is baffling.

The pattern is Anny Blatt http://www.annyblatt.com/cgi-local/affiche_resume.pl?Zoom=1000
Any help you can give me is appreciated.

The decs look like they start at the left A of the diagram to the B, then knit straight to the A in the middle. Then you’re going to begin increasingt to the upper B point. You do them `staggered’ which means not at the same place in the knitting all the time so the inc/dec line isn’t as obvious.

Thanks sounds right. I called Anny Blatt today to see if there is an error in the pattern instructions regarding knit row and purl rows?
I might read it as rightside and wrongside as it states earlier in the instructions. What do you think?

It’s really hard to know what she meant, unless there’s an error somewhere that left out you should be doing the collar in stockinette.

It looks like the whole sweater is 1/1 rib. I zoomed in on the computer and you can see the rib. In the instructions where she gives you stitches used they never mention a knit or purl.

Would you knit using markers wherever you have a short row?

Would you knit using markers wherever you have a short row?

It’s not a bad idea, helps you keep track.

I[B] am puzzled by this part of the instructions.[/B]
[B]I understand the first part. The basic pattern rows.[/B]
[B][SIZE=4]Then it says starting at the 3rd row increase each full row.[/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4]Does the 3rd row mean the 3rd full row. Because if you read the instructions you start with only 2 full rows. Then it goes to 4 in total at the second group of rows. Do they mean the 1st row of the second group being the 3rd row of full rows?[/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4] THIS IS CONFUSING ME: at the same time row 10 etc. After I do the short row on row 10 & 11 rows what do I do continue with the short row I was up to or start from the *.[/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4]The 10th row falls out on a short 76 row and the 11th row on a 160 full row?[/SIZE][/B]

Cast on 160 sts, work 1/1 rib in shortened rows, as follows: work 2 rows over all sts, 2 rows over 150 sts, 2 rows over 136 sts, 2 rows over 112 sts, 2 rows over 76 sts and 2 rows over
all sts
, rep from to. Each time work 4 full rows over all sts.
AT THE SAME TIME: lnc LH (neckline edge), starting from the 3rd row: 1 st on each full row, 48 times in all
AT THE SAME TIME: Widen the collar with shortened rows (WS of work), on the 10th row: work 2 rows over
the first 6 sts, on the 20th row: work 2 rows over the 12 first 16 sts, on the 30th and 40th row: work 2 rows over 26 sts.

I posted an answer in the other thread. And could I ask that you not use such large bolded type? It actually makes it more difficult to read. Thanks.

sorry