Very confused with directions; vest

I am working on a vest pattern and I am sooooo confused with the directions. All goes well until I get to the highlighted part
:roflhard: [color=red]Armhole and V-neck shaping (RS) Work in Garter st only. Bind off 5 sts at beg of next row, k to last 7 sts, k2tog, k 5. Work one row even. Next row (RS) Slip 1, k 1, ssk, k to last 7 sts, k2tog, k 5[color=red]. Repeat dec at neck edge every other row 1 (0, 1, 1, 0, 0) time more, then[color=blue]]every 4th row ]9 (10, 10, 10, 12, 12) times more[/color]. [[color=blue]color=darkred]AT SAME TIME[/color][/color], repeat dec at armhole edge every other row 5 (7, 7, 8, 10, 12) times more - 10 (11[/color], 12, 13, 13, 14) sts. Work even as [/color]established until armhole measures 8 (8½, 9, 9½, 10, 10½)"], ending after a WS row. Bind off all sts.
t I have marked. I have followed this and on the 4th row I would need to do both every 4th and the every other row. The pattern says easy so I am not feeling very confident. I know this is confusing …. But I do hope maybe someone could give me a direction. Thank you. this is my first post so forgive me if it is not coming out correct!
Katherine
[size=6][/size]

I think the reason it’s separated is because the first section if regarding shaping at the neck and the second section is regarding arm hole shaping. If it seems too confusing to go back and forth between the two sections, you might want to write it out so that you konw on certain rows you are decreasing at both ends for neck/arm shaping.

Thank you for your advice. I will try to do what you have said. The directions to me sound so confusing. Thank you. Katherine