Unfamiliar stitch terms

yfon - yarn forward over needle
yrn - yarn around needle

Are these done the same as a normal yarn over?? The harmony guide for lace has all three terms and I wasn’t sure if there was a difference… doesn’t look like it from the stitch patterns, but figured I would check…

Did you check out the Glossary on this site? Or you might want to check out this existing thread discussing same terms


And this


Check the glossary at the top of the page and that will probably help. :wink:

I forgot about the glossary… maybe I should sleep rather than knit right now :slight_smile:

There should be a glossary somewhere in the book, too.

Unfortunately, there is just a list of abbreviations-- I was surprised by that. No glossary. Great stitch patterns though :slight_smile: