Uneven stitches

Knitting a sweater and everything was going really welll until I put it under a light. My stitches in some rows are uneven and they rise from the rest. It doesn’t look perfect! So discouraged! Help anyone?

Are you a new knitter? That’s common until your tension evens out, but even more seasoned knitters can have this happen. Usually it will even out in blocking or washing.

Also remember…it’s hand knit no machine so it will never be completely perfect.

Yes, I am a new knitter. I have ripped it out several times but it keeps happening. It’s good to know that I’m not the only one. So it will come eventually? Any hints?

Thanks

Joanne

What stitch are you doing? If it’s stockinette (knit right side, purl wrong side) there’s a thing called rowing out. Purl stitches take more yarn that knit stitches so It can get a little wonky or stripy looking. If that is what is happening here’s some help. At the bottom of her post where she’s posted “some swatching” is a link. Click that to see her how to.
http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonaknits/2007/04/rowing_out.html

1 Like

Oh thank you so much! That’s exactly what is happening. I’m anxious to try this!!! You’re a life saver!

Thanks

Joanne