Uneven ribbing, what am I doing wrong?

I’ve been knitting for a few years, and I’ve always had this problem but lately it’s really starting to annoy me because I cannot figure out how to fix it. When I’m knitting ribbing, the last knit stitch (or maybe it’s the first purl?) is always bigger and loopier than the others. I try to pull it tighter and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I knit continental style, and I looked at the video and I swear I can’t see how I do it any differently.

I took some pictures so hopefully you can tell what I"m talking about. Hopefully I’ll do this right…

[

When you work those stitches, try knitting through the back loop after you do the purls, or purling through the back loop when you switch from knit to purl. This will tighten it up.

On the return trip, you’ll work that stitch through the back loop to untwist it.

That’s pretty common in ribbing or patterns with mixed knit and purl sts. You can try what Ingrid suggests, but it usually evens out when you wash or block after finishing.

Thank you! I’ve been doing it for a few rows and it’s still not perfect, but it’s definitely helping. It seems to be better too if I use smaller needles.

Thanks again : )