Understanding basic instruction

Hello

I don’t understand my pattern. It says k1 * (k1 p1 k1) into next st p3 tog rep from *

to last st k1. Do I knit the stitches in the brackets individually and when I knit 3p

together , how do I recover the decreased stitches.

Thanks

The k1 p1 k1 into one stitch makes three stitches out of one stitch. This balances out the p3tog decrease.

Here’s a video that should help.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Its a great site with a quick response. I’m sure this will not be the first time I visit.

Thank you
I have knit the garment and am now at the makeup stage instructions are to

" Press following instructions on ball band. Join shoulder seams.
Button border
with RS facing Knit up 64 st evenly along one front opening edge , between cast on edge and neck shaping"
I am not sure how to follow these instructions.

1 Like

I don’t press the knit pieces but I do block them depending on the yarn used. Which yarn are you working with?

Seam together the fronts to the back at the shoulders. You can use a mattress stitch or a back stitch here. Here’s a video for mattress stitch which works well:

To knit up or pick up stitches for the buttonhands along the fronts, mark off the front into halves or fourths and pick up the appropriate number in each section. That makes it easier to pick up fairly evenly along the front. Here’s a video for picking up sts:

We’d love to see a photo of the finished sweater!