Ummmm....How do you "JOIN" CO?

I get the basics. What I am confused about is, how do you join after casting on? couldnt find video tutorials on it. Please HELP! I want to make a scarf and mitten set. I can understand the concept of doing it, just dont know how to do the joining.:knitting:

Shandeh has a video on youtube that helped me alot heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ajp0QUWYkk Good Luck!!

that was pretty close. It help understanding how it would work, joining. how about if i wanted to do a small work?

you meen knitting in the round but with a small diameter. On this website, click on the tab ‘View Videos’ at the top of the page, then go to 'advanced techniqus and there is a video there for methods of small diameter circular knitting.

You would join the work in just the same way as the video you just saw, but instead of using one circular needle you might be using DPNs (double pointed needles), the two circular method or Magic Loop (which uses one long circular needle, doubled over).

Another method that works for me is to CO one extra stitch, slip the first stitch and knit the round then knit the last st together with the slipped stitch. You can also just start knitting which I did for years and years, but I couldn’t ever seem to close the gap snug enough and it left a sort of jog. Then I started using the method above and the join looks a lot better now. Shandeh’s method works well for many people too, I just never got the hang of it.

i saw that one. maybe i’m just slow. thanks a bunch to all of you for the help. it may take me a while. besides i’ve only started about 4weeks or so ago. Trying to get the hang of it. I just figured, if I can learn to cable I can work the round. Obviously it didnt go as well as I thought.

When I join on circulars I CO one extra stitch then bind it off. I don’t know if that’s really an acceptable way to join, but, it works for me…lol

How do you bind it off? Or do you mean k2tog?

I CO an extra stitch, knit the first stitch, then slip the extra stitch over the 1st knit stitch and off the needle as you would when you bind off. I don’t know if that’s actually a correct way to join, but, I haven’t had any issues with it so far…lol

I used to also try to just knit it all but could never tighten the gap enough and at the time, I was too lazy to drag my butt upstairs to get on the computer to watch a video on how to join…lol