Ugh, I need help too with yarn

I swear, I’m obsessed with this yarn! I even had a dream where I got a free box.:roflhard: I just need to buck up and order my Noro Kureyon and get it over with. I have money from ebates, so I can splurge guilt free…sorta.:aww:

So, I’m not sure how much I need. I want to make this purse from Bernat:
Bernat Felting Wool (75 g / 2.6 oz)
3 balls of #94310 (Gardenia). Subbing the Noro for this yarn, obviously.
Size 6.5 mm (U.S. 10½) circular knitting needle 16 ins
[40 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
1 snap fastener.
GAUGE
13 sts and 17 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.

How much Noro would I need? I’m not a super tight knitter.

Noro:

Weight/Yardage: 108 yards/50 grams
Gauge: 4.5-5 sts = 1, #7 or #8 needle
Knitting Weight: Worsted

I too get so stumped on the yarn math, especially when I have to up the needle size.

I just need to make this thing so I can quit obessing!:mrgreen: I just hope it doesn’t cost the earth.:wink:

When substituting yarns it is important to know the number of yards needed. According to the Bernat website Bernat Felting is 84 yds/skein.

To find out the totally yardage needed times the number of skeins required by the number of yards/skein. In this case 3 skeins by 84 yards. 3x84= 252 yds. So you need at least 252 yds of the Noro yarn. Since the Noro yarn is 108 yds/skein you’ll need 3 skeins of it, as well.

I’m not sure how much that would vary when substituting a worsted weight yarn for a bulky yarn. You might find that you’ll need to hold to strands of the Noro together using a larger size needle. Swatching would defiantly be helpful in this case. If you do need to hold to strands together you’ll need double the amount of Noro.

HTH

Noro isn’t as thick, I wouldn’t recommend 2 strands of it though unless you use size 11 or 13 needles. Or you could use the 10½s and make it larger with more stitches.

So if I use the 10 1/2 needles I would add more stitches as in height? I’m SO confused.:aww:
Would I still only need 3 skeins? Maybe I need to find a more Noro friendly pattern on Raverly.
Thanks for any, ANY help. I’m truly not an idiot.:wink: :rofl:

More sts as in CO more to make it wider, and also knit more rows to make it taller.

Got it thanks.:yay: