Two needle mittens

Has anyone tried to knit mittens on two needles? I have done the cuff and started to increase for the thumb. I don’t get how to continue? Do I attach more yarn to work each side between the thumb part?? :shock:

What do the directions say, exactly?

I just looked at a two needle mitten pattern, and it seems you just continue increasing for the thumb and then sew it up in the end. It is not knit separately.

I don’t know ifyou feel comfy modifying a pattern. But I would knit the whole thumb, seam it, and then continue knitting.

The pattern I had was,
cuff
gusset
palm
go back and finish the thumb

I changed it to
cuff
gusset
finish thumb
seam thumb
palm

hth’s…

Thanks for your hints and tips. I decided to trust the pattern and it WORKED! Strangely, as you slip those middle stiches onto the holder and just continue knitting across the row the beginnings of the thumb appear. Apparently you go back and join the yarn at the thumb area at the end to complete.
If I would only get the guts to try 4 needles maybe I wouldn’t be so challenged.
anyhow, I am really psyched because it looks like a mitten. I will post a picture when I am done.

Thanks again! :wink:

congrats!!! ya…it’s pretty fun when it actually TURNS out like what it is supposed to eh??? lol…

Sooo True!