Two colors issue

Alright, I’m doubleknitting a scarf as yuo’ll see in the pictures…however, one side(the black side) appears fine to me…but the red side has black sliding over into it? What am I doing wrong?

Hi Brittany,

With double knitting, I always try really hard to knit as tightly as I can. The fact that you’re moving the yarn from front to back with every stitch tends to make double knitting a lot looser than your normal gauge, and can lead to “show through” if you don’t tighten up. I also usually knit on needles at least two and sometimes three sizes smaller than what I’d use if I was doing “normal” one sided knitting.

The only other tihings I can think of is that the black is shedding A LOT, :shock: or that the dye is rubbing through (though that’s more common with RED yarn)

Good luck!

Mary

Thanks, See there’s no real pattern for this scarf I’m making…it was just an idea I had one day. haha so I’ll keep trying to knitt it until I get it to my safisfaction. :XX: I wish it would work out properly now because the two colors are the colors of my university so…I’d like to have it doen by the time I get my bachelors eh? lol Thanks again