Twin rib scarf

I’m using Bernat Pop with the changing colors. I’m knitting a scarf in a twin rib stitch. It’s like a rib stitch but lies flat. It’s nice for scarves because it’s reversible and looks the same on both sides. But you don’t get the stretch and thickness. It’s cast on in multiples of three. First row, k3, p3 across the row. Second row, k1, p1 across. Repeat the two rows for pattern.

That is a pretty pattern for a scarf. I am going to try it. Even if I already have way too many scarves. Lol

Good for a break from more complicated project. Tv knitting. I have visions of using scraps for Dr Who type scarf 12 feet long. Although that is garter stitch.

It looks really nice, I like your choice of color.

It looks really pretty! I like the yarn too. I’m knitting a basic stockinette scarf at the moment with some stripes as my first project… this would be a greater level up for me on my next scarf! I’ve got a hat next, maybe a shawl or blanket and eventually want to make a jumper for my partner with some cables in when I can commit to it :slight_smile:

Could I ask how many stitches wide you have chosen? Want to knit a scarf with this pattern soon :slight_smile:

I believe this was 21 sts. But you might want to go with 24 if you like it a bit wider. I see pink needles in the pic, so this would be on a size 8, 5 mm. I have Knitters Pride Zing needles that are different colors for the various sizes. Pink for size 8.

Thank you! I’ve got lots of leftover yarn I used for a hat, so was thinking a matching scarf would be great :smiley:

You’re welcome! Blankets and scarves are not so critical with gauge, so you can do this! It’s a good tv or car riding project. I have interchangeable needles, but I enjoy a simple project like this with straight needles once in a while.

Looking lovely and cosy.

Gillian

That is such a nice looking piece, it will be perfect for winter season.