Turning on circular needles (two color pattern)

It has been awhile since I’ve knitted, and now I am in the middle of a hat pattern on circular needles. The next step calls for me to ‘turn’ and then knit one row, purl one row. I imagine this means to literally turn the hat around and start knitting in the opposite direction. However, unless I knit with the yarn in front, this will immediately turn the ‘inside’ of my hat into the ‘outside’ (since I’m knitting in two colors the ‘inside’ has multiple ~1-2 cm loops). If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. Thank you!:think:

Yes you’ll be knitting on the inside/WS of the hat, then you turn again and will be knitting on the outside again.

Thanks Sue! Just to make sure, you mean that I should keep the yarn to the front (so that the loops continue to be on the inside), right? Also, I wasn’t sure what the “WS” part of inside/WS meant. Thank you so much!

Knitting in the round you’re always knitting on the Right Side/RS or the outside of the piece. This seems to have you switch to the inside or Wrong Side/WS for a few rows. Move your yarn however is appropriate for the stitch you’re making. So when you knit, the yarn is behind the needle, when you purl, the yarn is in front of the needle.

yes, thanks so much for the clarification. All makes sense now. I really appreciate your taking the time to explain it. Thank you!:knitting: