Turn, Inside Out? Help!

Hey everyone, I have a quick question about a pattern that has raised some confusion in me.

Here is the link: http://www.redlipstick.net/knit/martext.html

The part I feel confused about is this:

Row 25:
•Turn, accomplished like this: Purl the last stitch on the round, bring yarn to the back of the work, slip one stitch from the left needle to the right one, bring yarn to the front of the work, slip the stitch back to the left needle. Push your knitting through the middle of the needles, make sure your yarn is in back of the work, ready to knit the first stitch of the new round. Now your knitting is turned around, and what was the inside of the hat is now the outside.

Is this a Wrap and Turn? I’m confused as to how this would turn the knitting inside out…also, what does it mean to do this: “push your knitting through the middle of the needles”?

Any help would be appreciated!!

W&T is correct. Here’s a video showing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAc24nNf92o
I don’t think it really shows in the video but pushing your work through the middle just gets everything in place to start knitting again. It should be clear when you get there what to do.

Thank you for including a video! Really helpful to have a visual. So, does “push through the middle” mean to turn the work inside-out? Like to push the knitted fabric through the wire of the needles so what was the outside is now the inside? Haha, sorry if this is super obvious, but the phrasing of “push through the middle” really threw me off.

Yes, I think you have it. It’s sort of like turning a sock inside out.

Got it! Thanks so much for all your help :smiley:

:thumbsup:

Quick question: I did the w&t, but I was left with this weird hole? I’m sure I did it correctly, so I’m not sure where this came from…any ideas why this might have happened? Unfortunately I’m already a few rows past the hole, so I guess I’ll have to try and patch it up once the work is finished :confused: But I just don’t want to make this mistake again!

All I know is you have to pull the yarn really tight after wrapping the stitch. I had trouble with that and used a different short row turn method, I’m not certain right now what I did.

Yeah, I usually use the German short row technique when I have to do a series of short rows, but since this was just 1 w&t, I used the usual method…but I ended up with this hole with a slanted purl stitch through the middle. Very strange. I’m hoping it’s something I can patch up when I’m done :frowning: