Tubular cast on and bind off

I would like to try a tubular cast on and bind off to to do a baby shrug. The shrug is knitted as a rectangle and the folded over and about 1.5 in. Of the bind off and cast on edges seamed to form arms. I just dont know if it is possble to seam the tubular stitches. Should i just do another cast on. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Debbie

Welcome!
You should be able to seam the cast on the bind off of the tubular edges. Then you will have the lovely tubular edges open for the remainder of the shrug. Mattress stitch should work as well as any other seam.

What is the name of your pattern?

It is called easy and lacy baby bolero and its a free ravelry download. My problem is that I have have never seamed with the tubular stiches and i am not really sure how to start it off because there is no distinct bind on and bind off stitches. How to i start?

Actually although I had originally thought the cast on and bind off were seamed to each other, it looks like many of the Ravelry projects have seamed along the sides of the rib. For example:
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/ToNeverlandWeFly/easy-and-lacy-baby-bolero-shrug
See also picture 4 in the pattern print out.