Trying but failing to m1 within double rib

I am knitting a really nice dress. Unfortunately I’ve got myself very stuck whilst trying to knit the sleeves! If anybody could explain what I need to do I would really appreciate it as it’s just not going to look the same without sleeves!! The pattern is “Mathilde” by Debbie Bliss from her “Winter Essentials” book and is as follows

1ST ROW: K2[p2,k2] rep to end
2ND ROW: P2[k2,p2] rep to end
these 2 rows form rib
Rib 30 more rows
INC ROW: (right side) K2, m1, rib to last 2 sts, m1, K2 (64sts)
Taking inc sts into rib, inc in this way at each end of 11 foll 8th rows. (86sts)

I have a number of problems…

1. when it says rib 30 more rows does this mean 30 rows in total or will I end up with 60 rows?

2. How doi take the inc stitches into the rib without messing up the pattern so far on all my practice attempts I have only succeeded in shifting the rib out of sync which looks terrible.

3.what on earth does [I]“inc in this way at each end of 11 foll 8th rows”[/I] mean

If anybody can put me out of my misery on this would be brilliant as I’m gettingmyself in a right mess!!!:knitting:

thanks

Liz

1. 30 rows is 30 rows.

2 and 3. The incs will be at the seam edge, so probably not as noticeable as you think. k2, m1, p2, (k2, p2) across to the last 2 st, m1, k2. Next row, p3, (k2, p2) across, ending with p3. Then keep the 2 edge sts as knits on the RS, purls on the WS, adding in the extra sts to take their place in the overall ribbing. Do this every 8th row 11 more times.

:muah: Thanks thats brilliant I will give that a go now!! :woohoo: