Trust the pattern or the chart?

I’m making my first project using stranded colorwork. I’m making this hat. Up until now, all has gone well. I’m to the part where I switch from pattern A to pattern B and begin decreasing for the crown.

The pattern text reads:
"[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][I]Rounds 44-51[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman]: Switch to dpns. Place 9, 10 [11, 12, 13] markers before stitches shown in red in patt B. Begin patt B. K2tog before every marker except for the last row of patt. [7 dec rounds - 8 rounds total]"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman]The chart reads:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][B][SIZE=2]Pattern B[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I’ve placed my markers BEFORE the red stitches in round 1. The text says to K2tog BEFORE each marker in the following rounds, but from what I think the chart means, I should K2tog AFTER each marker. I am soooo confused. Please help me decipher this pattern.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Thanks!!![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

To me it seems like a typo… it says to place markers before red stitches, then it says to k2tog before markers. I’d trust the chart and assume that one of those ‘befores’ should be an ‘after’. You could try emailing the designer and see what they have to say.